Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Solve the "Disk Not Found" error yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Solve the "Disk Not Found" error yet?

I see this error many times in the help thread, but the only solution ever posted isn't applicable to me. (I'm not running on virtual drive)

I never had this problem before, but now that I'm doing a clean install on Vista Ultimate x64, I've got it.

Game installs just fine, but then when I try to play, it says the disk isn't in the drive, and I should insert the game disk and try again. I've done the complete reinstall thing a couple of times now, including hunting down all the registry keys.

Has anyone ever defeated this bug??

Thanks!!

Re: Anyone Solve the "Disk Not Found" error yet?

Sounds more like a problem with Vista and the CD or DVD player. Is there there a firmware update for the player? I would try that approach next.

Comment

Logical thought, but one of the DVD players is an IDE drive that was in my older machine, where it gave several years of happy trigger time. It may be related to x64 Vista, but I know lots of people are running Vista x64, so there has to be more to it...

Comment

Well that's about the silliest damned error I've ever seen...

A guy on the EA forum said he had this problem , and got rid of it by disconnecting his headset. Ridiculous. And it turns out, he was friggin' right... I pulled out my usb headset, rebooted, and now it's recognizing the disk fine! What the hell kind of incompatibility is that?!? Something that fails the disk recognition *only* for BF2142 because there's a headset plugged in?? Utterly ridiculous. But if you have the same problem, give it a try.

Comment

ummm... WTF!? headset kills DVD for 2142. 0.0

Comment

I keep hearing folks describe these incredibly strange incompatibilites... That's wild, wacky, weird stuff.

Comment

Wow...

First time i heard something like this happening in BF series...

Comment

If you're running Vista 64, make sure you run it with full admin power. This is the only way I got rid of "can't find DVD" error.

yeah, I know it sucks. The moment I installed Vista 64 I know it was a mistake. Should got XP 32bit instead.

Comment

Working...
                X