X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 Pugs!

**Updated: October 27, 2008 **

Hey guys,
    Thought I'd let some of you know about this fantastic (yet old) tool. Basically, it allows you to join a mashed-up SD scrim between 10 players. Some very talented (as well as, but fewer, less talented) players visit the pugs to get a few practice rounds in before the day starts - you'll see a lot of these on Sunday in particular. I personally believe that it's some of the best [public] practice you can get.

*Note! It is recommended that your name in mIRC, Ventrilo, and ingame be nearly identical - otherwise when the wrong number of players join (which occurs quite frequently) you're not mistakenly kicked.

Quick Information:
    -PUGs run the MOTW (Map of the Week) for CAL, so just remember that before joining and realizing it's your least favorite map.
    -PUGs also run the competition mod know as Promod, so don't think you can use your silly perks

Connecting/Joining a Pug
    -Load mIRC
    -Connect to the server: Gamesurge (the EU server)
    -Connect to channel: #cod4pug

Commands:
    Enter one of the following commands in the chat:
    .vent = view the pug's vent information.
    .view or .list = view the players that are in the next pug.
    .join = join the next match.
    .last = display how long ago the last pug started.

Once 10 players have joined the pug, a screen will appear in the chat that designates teams - Attack/Defense (Basically like CT/T - Attack is Marines/SAS and Defense is Spetz/Opfor)

Joining the Match
    -Connect to the pug vent
    *If you don't know what server (aka CHI) your pug will take place in, simply ask, in mIRC, what CHI it will be in and you'll get a response.
    -Switch to the appropriate channel and team for your match.
    -Copy the server information from your channels comment (example: CHI 1's comment will have server information in it.)
    -Load CoD4, open the console, and paste the connection information.
    -Join the game, have fun!

Pug Rules
    -Never leave a pug! Even if you are doing poorly, don't leave the match. It is very poor sportsmanship and will get you banned from the pugs.
    -If you DO need to leave, post in mIRC (or go into the Ringer channel in Vent) for a ringer (aka substitute) to take your place. This will often save you from losing your rights to pug.
    -Be mature! Most players are here for practice, only occassionally will you run into an arrogant player, whom you should just ignore. Be respectful of other players, and you will find that pugs are very enjoyable.

If you have any trouble or have any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Xfire: Kodakscope

Re: CoD4 Pugs!

Woa, never knew about that. I don't even think CS has something like this (other than ESEA).

Good post, thanks for the infoz.

Comment

I've done about 6 of em today. Really fun if you're bored and sick of being nade spammed lol.

Comment

PuG =
        Pug means Pick up game. Pug is a place where u can doing clan match on an multiplayer game without joining a clan, the basic concept of a pug is to playing as a team with random people to gain more skills. The game that use this definition a lot is Counter-Strike

for all the people that go WA??? when they see this

Comment

^^ Lols, I was just thinking about that.

Comment

This should help people!
            thanks kodak!

Comment

Yeap, and hopefully make the pugs even more active.
              Woot! Stickied!

Comment

Lols @ stickyness.

Comment

I miss pugs. I may join you for some gameage.

Comment

Me and my clan are almost always pugging or scrimming so if you join you'll probably see me in there

Comment

Comment

Alright, I connected to mirc, but I don't know why .vent wasn't working and stuff. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't used mirc in about 2 years.

I plan on getting some puggage in today if you guys are gonna be on.

And Whiskey, that was one of your most informative posts yet!

Comment

Once you connect to gamesurge you have to connect to the #cod4pug channel.

Comment

Dont forget on the Quakenet server: #mpukcod4.pickup

Comment

There is also #cod4pug-promod @ irc.gamesurge.net

Comment

Working...
                              X