No announcement yet.

Couple of questions for the Troops.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions for the Troops.....

My first question is about a punkbuster kick. First of all, let me clearify, that I'm not a cheater!!! I got this punkbuster error tonight....Warning Cvar cg_hudDamageIconHeight=0

I keep getting kicked for two minutes. It also says the value should be =64

On the server itself, I tried to seek help....and one guy said turn that thing off!! Not sure what he is talking about!!!

I tried updating PB files, but no difference on the server. It's ^issing me off!!

Update:Found a fix for the problem....thanks!!

Second question is I'm getting a COD4 error DirectX error where my screen flashes in the background of the autoselect screen on servers, doesn't happen all the time but it does happen a few times.

Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated.

P.S I did play on a K3 server two or three times pre ban...so I'm wondering if I picked something up with the server map files ect.

cheers

Re: Couple of questions for the Troops.....

To fix the first problem (which you said you've fixed but incase someone else finds this problem) just type in console, button left of 1 (has `¬¦ on it)

/seta cg_hudDamageIconHeight 64

As for the DirectX error - try updating your graphics drivers. I used to get the "nvldmkm driver error" or something similar to that, I updated my graphics drivers a bunch of times and it still didn't fix it, however it seems to be working fine now - as there was a few new drivers released last month/this month...

You can remove the K3 mod by going into CoD4/Mods folder and finding the K3 folder and deleting it... however it shouldn't kick you for mods you have...

Comment

Re: Couple of questions for the Troops.....

Dan2k3k4, thanks for the support bro. I basically went back to a previous driver 169.25 and haven't had any of the symptoms since then.

Thanks again Dan2k3k4

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X