Eu: english, PAC: Russian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eu: english, PAC: Russian.

I saw that in options menu you could set the PAC language in english. After 530 hours played i kinda dint felt Comfortable with PAC speaking english, So i putted Russian back on. I was actually wondering who was playing with english only vocals and how many ppl in TBF applicated this setting. Also when you get shot down and there an NME near your corp you cant really make the difference if hes allied or Hostile unit. But its still kinda an advantage..

Re: Eu: english, PAC: Russian.

During my first few hours of BF I had the Russians talk in English. Little did I know how big a disadvantage that was.
    As you pointed out, if set to English only, it is impossible to hear whether or not the guy throwing the medhub around the corner is on your team or not. And sometimes it's about milliseconds that decide if I go around the corner unloading bullets or not.

Comment

Yeah I got used to the Russian language. Its helpful inna few ways. IE, hearing an enemy drop a med or supplies when you cant see them...

Anyway, where are you from?

Comment

I had the PAC speak English when I first started then changed when I realized it would be a tactical advantage to know when someone near is an enemy or friendly.

I don't know what words the PAC are saying but I understand the meaning now.

"Vracha"

"tank prativnika"

"prativnik"

Comment

I miss when the Iraqi's said "sugar in your but****" from bf2. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk View Post
            I saw that in options menu you could set the PAC language in english. After 530 hours played i kinda dint felt Comfortable with PAC speaking english, So i putted Russian back on. I was actually wondering who was playing with english only vocals and how many ppl in TBF applicated this setting. Also when you get shot down and there an NME near your corp you cant really make the difference if hes allied or Hostile unit. But its still kinda an advantage..
            i play in english only. got tired of not knowing what the other team was saying. There is an easy way to tell if the voices you hear are the enemy or your teammates. When teammates do any actions such as throw a grenade or drop a med pack it will appear in the chat. Enemy actions do not.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
              I had the PAC speak English when I first started then changed when I realized it would be a tactical advantage to know when someone near is an enemy or friendly.

I don't know what words the PAC are saying but I understand the meaning now.

"Vracha"

"tank prativnika"

"prativnik"
              That is the reason I have them speaking Russian, helps when you know if it is a friendly or enemy around the corner.

Comment

Meh... With as many hours as I have played, I know everything they are saying. Oh yeah, I speak some Russian too, that might help. (No, I didn't learn my "some Russian" from 2142 xD )

Comment

I have it set to English only. I typically play "OpFor" in tournaments, etc and want to know what is being said, so I've always made that selection. I don't play just BF2142, but a number of BF2 mods, so that's too many languages to become aquainted with for game play.

Also, if you don't know if it is an enemy or friendly throwing that medihub down, I suspect that you might need to work on your situational awareness. I know where all the friendlies are because of the minimap... If there is another voice without a blip, you know who it is, right?

Comment

audibly i actually prefer listening to PAC speak as opposed to goofy EU banter

Comment

I am Russian, so I know what all the ingame voices say, I didnt even know there was a choice for a while.

Comment

Greasemonkey! Always cracks me up ^^

But yeah, it's almost scary, I know what the PAC guys are saying even though I don't have any russian knowledge at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                          When teammates do any actions such as throw a grenade or drop a med pack it will appear in the chat. Enemy actions do not.
                          You got a point there, but it also take out the authenticity of the game.

Comment

PAC voice for the win, especially the "girls are stoopid" voice action

Nothing quite beats the EU commander though... nothing quite like teabagging someone as commander and spamming "thanks/sorry" :P

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                              I am Russian, so I know what all the ingame voices say, I didnt even know there was a choice for a while.
                              I always wondered; how accurate are the translations compared to what they're saying?
                              I heard that there were a lot of inaccuracies with the PLA in bf2.

Comment

Working...
                              X