CTD after Forceware verson 175.16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD after Forceware verson 175.16

well i updated my forceware, everything works fine except BF2 which crashes to desktop every time i try run it.

it has the latest patch and everything and was working fine 2 days ago,

things i think might be the cause,

1. i need to reset my settings to default to run it, since im at custom settings atm

2. dumb windows installed my screen, before updating my forceware verson

(since i unstall current forceware, then restart (this is where windows said new plug and play), then installed the latest forceware.)

any help appreciated

Re: CTD after Forceware verson 175.16

I don't understand.... are you still using that 175.16 driver at the moment?

Comment

yeh, the thing is after installing it BF2 now crashes to desktop apon startup, so is there any way to 'reset' video settings and try that way? cous if that fails ill just reinstall =\

Comment

You have to roll back to the previous driver that worked. If you're using Windows XP go to the Start menu, click on Run. In the box, type "compmgmt.msc" without the quote marks. That opens the device manager. In the tree, look for 'display adapter' and expand it by clicking on the little + sign. The name of your video card should appear, double click on it, which opens a new box. Click on the 'driver' tab and select 'roll back', follow the instructions and you should be back to normal!

Comment

Working...
        X