is bf2142 that different from 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is bf2142 that different from 2?

i got banned from bf2 so im considering buying 2142 and i just wanted to know its basically the same thing right? post any differences

Re: is bf2142 that different from 2?

You can't pronedive as it screws up your accuracy for a few seconds. You run slightly slower and generally you're a little more limited in your player movement.

Some people thinks this is bad stuff, I don't A few more things:

Weapons are more accurate zoomed in (not snipers though)
    Most weapons are slightly weaker than in BF2 but it's barely noticeable
    C4 is called RDX but basically does the same thing
    It's a bit harder to nadespam
    You can crouch past claymores (APM's) without having to walk around them
    No jets, gunships instead. Easy to learn, hard to master
    There's a hover tank
    The G36 of 2142 is the Voss, lots of bullets
    Lots of fun little gadgets and accesories (sentry guns, spawn beacons, EMP nades)
    The defib looks bada55
    4 classes: Recon, Assault/Medic, Support, Engineers
    Titan is the point whore's playground, but still lots of fun
    Jeeps have a boost for those times you just want to get the heck out of there
    Walkers are fun to blow up
    The RDX shotgun is the least used weapon, but you can get very surprising kills
    It doesn't take 3 years to unlock all weapons
    You can still strap explosives to jeeps
    DOGTAGS!!!!
    No instahealing medpacks
    No grenade launcher, you get rockets instead!
    Kickvotes still never work properly

Just to name a few It's really a great game, look up 2142 gameplay on youtube if you want to see basically how it's played

But what do you mean by "banned from BF2"?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfire458 View Post
      i got banned from bf2
      mkay... what did you do?? :hmm:

Comment

Why did you get banned?

Comment

pretty much what he said.

but alot of other features tho. It might seems alot to know but it certainly makes gameplay alittle less annoying than in bf2

-RDX can be defused, unlike c4 in bf2
          -2142 claymores are nerfed in relation to bf2 ones, but can still kill when used creatively, plus they don't kill friendly soldiers
          -instead of the noobtoob grenade launcher that does 1 shot kills, you get mini airburst rockets that kills in 2. Plus the launcher holds 3 of them before requiring a reload (or 4 with the field unlock after unlocking the heavy assault rifle)
          -you carry 3 smoke grenades rather than just one for the assault kit, but most people don't carry them around.
          -snipers don't wear ghilie suits, but have active camo that makes them invisible predator-style
          -machineguns are very accurate but requires a "warmup"
          -medkits and ammo work like supply drops. You throw them on the ground and it heals/resupplies whoever stand near them. Otherwise you can hold them out and it does the same thing as in bf2
          -you have a choice if you want to wear heavy armour or light armour regardless of the kit you choose
          -most vehicles have a forcefield that stops antivehicle attacks for a short duration
          -anti vehicle mines can be very dangerous compared to the landmines of bf2. One motionmine might not instakill due to balance reasons, but they can chase vehicles thus are hard to avoid when caught by them
          -tanks are alot more delicate than bf2 tanks for balance reasons and you will get owned badly by engineers if you try to use them like bf2 tanks.
          -APCs can't harm heavy armour anymore like the bf2 APCs could, but they are excellent support vehicles and is very dangerous to exposed infantry because of its mortar.
          -squadleaders can drop their spawnpoint in a form of a beacon so that squadmates will spawn on that instead of him, thus squadleader death won't necessarily result in a wipe. Otherwise leaders can carry a gun drone, or a recon drone that works like a mini uav
          -depending on your graphics settings, hand grenades leave smoke trails when thrown and has a soft hissing noise when close to you (yikes!:dead
          -sniper, assault rifles and carbines have a slight up and down bobbing to make long shots slightly more difficult
          -engineers (antitank) don't have pistols anymore. Its just its antitank weapon and submachinegun
          -pistols are very weak at long range due to early damage reduction distance and no longer accurate as a sniper rifle
          -The shotguns of 2142 have a limit to their rate of fire, so no more spamming buckshots as fast as your mouseclicks. Supports can unlock a shotgun as a main weapon and assaults can have a shotgun attachment to their rifle, but it is treated as a second weapon.

edit: -totally forgot about the knife. Its harder to knife due to slow attack speed and notorious unregistered hits, but you get a small trophy in a form of the player's dogtag and his name goes into your stats for people that you have knifed
          -You can get unlocks for the sniper rifle that adds a zoom function and a device to steady your aim. Think of it as holding your breath like in cod4.
          -Sniping seemed to have gotten the nerf compared to bf2 cos the scope have thick crosshairs to discourage noobs from making ultra long shots. You can probably snipe easily enough at ranges below 200M but further will require skill. 350M would probably be around the max range you can snipe at because of the draw distance.
          -Many guns have rangefinders inbuilt. Engineers and snipers will find that useful in leading their shots and assaults use it often to set airburst rocket range.

i think that covers most of the important gameplay differences between 2142 and bf2

Comment

the biggest difference in the 2 games is balance. In 2142 everything has a counter. In BF2 you get grossly overpowered air vehicles and patheticly underpowered AA. IMO EA got everything with balance and gameplay correct in 2142.

Comment

Don't credit EA. They only publish the games and are notorious for overworking their employees or gaming studios to meet their deadlines, resulting massed produced games that are often rushed, bugged or imbalanced. Its Digital Illusions (DICE) that did the coding for the battlefield series.

Comment

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
                Don't credit EA. They only publish the games and are notorious for overworking their employees or gaming studios to meet their deadlines, resulting massed produced games that are often rushed, bugged or imbalanced. Its Digital Illusions (DICE) that did the coding for the battlefield series.
                regardless of who did what, the fact is 2142 is extremely balanced. I would even go as far as to say that its one of most balanced FPS around.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                  regardless of who did what, the fact is 2142 is extremely balanced. I would even go as far as to say that its one of most balanced FPS around.
                  Couldn't agree more. I think that's why I still play it after all this time. Everything (when enabled) such as FF on and those weird fly-boy servers that kick for SAAW usage are ignored - everything seems to have a counter to it.

It's one of the reasons why I biatch when people moan about vehicles. Sure, vehicles are a proper threat if used properly, but they can nearly always be taken down when using some common sense against them.

Some of the best rounds I've had have been where the opposition lay a brilliant trap for my tank and I - and I fall head first for it. Damn it! Payback time!

Comment

if he got banned rom the whole game it must be punkbuster ergo he has hacked

go play wow ******

-The shotguns of 2142 have a limit to their rate of fire, so no more spamming buckshots as fast as your mouseclicks.
                    have you even used the clark in 1.40? lol

Comment

infantry weapons are balanced for the most part, with the exception of PK rockets. assault players these days end up with more kills with the rockets than with their guns sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
                        if he got banned rom the whole game it must be punkbuster ergo he has hacked

go play wow ******

have you even used the clark in 1.40? lol

I sure have. Have you ever used the Dao12 or the Jackhammer in bf2? lol indeed

Comment

as for the reason i got banned i have no idea i went to join a server and i got kicked immidetly for some "permant banning"

what are the kits/classes like for 2142?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                            the biggest difference in the 2 games is balance. In 2142 everything has a counter. In BF2 you get grossly overpowered air vehicles and patheticly underpowered AA. IMO EA got everything with balance and gameplay correct in 2142.
                            I like BF2142 much better, and I agree the AA in BF2 is worthless!

Comment

4 kits
                              -recon (sniper/special forces)
                              -assault (assault/medic)
                              -engineer (anti-tank/engineer)
                              -support

Comment

Working...
                              X