No announcement yet.

Force 4:3 on a widescreen with borders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force 4:3 on a widescreen with borders?

Is there a way to force 4:3 on a widescreen monitor and make the sides have black borders like on a LCD when watching tv?

like this?

Re: Force 4:3 on a widescreen with borders?

I don't think you can do that.

But, you could change your startup parameters from "+fullscreen 1" to "+fullscreen 0" which will allow the game to run in a window using the resolution specified in game (or another parameter declaration).

That would allow you to play without the stretching, but you'd have the Windows desktop visible instead of the black bars.

Comment

if you kill explorer.exe you wont have the desktop.

Comment

damn, anyone use widescreen fixer w/o problems?

Comment

I couldn't make the wisescreen fixer work but I know several people that used it without problems.

Patch 1.50 have widescreen support, so if you just have a little patience...

Comment

This can be done in the driver settings or sometimes on your monitor. My Dell monitor allows me to do cropping / force aspect-ratio to get those black bars. I know nVidia and ATi drivers both support it depending on the card you have. Just Google "nvidia aspect scaling" or "ati aspect scaling" or something. And look in your monitor manual / dig through the menus to see it handles scaling.

Comment

I'd wait for the 1.5 patch to be released. I'm running the beta patch and widescreen looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
                This can be done in the driver settings or sometimes on your monitor. My Dell monitor allows me to do cropping / force aspect-ratio to get those black bars. I know nVidia and ATi drivers both support it depending on the card you have. Just Google "nvidia aspect scaling" or "ati aspect scaling" or something. And look in your monitor manual / dig through the menus to see it handles scaling.
                hmm i'll have to check that out, thanks. i have a dell 22" and a 8800gts (g92)

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                I'd wait for the 1.5 patch to be released. I'm running the beta patch and widescreen looks great.
                but i saw that thread, where it seemed like certain people were saying it does and doesnt work whats the verdict? works or not?

Comment

Originally posted by absoluteczech View Post
                  ...snip...

but i saw that thread, where it seemed like certain people were saying it does and doesnt work whats the verdict? works or not?
                  Well, I was one of the posters in that thread declaring that it did work. I posted some screenies to show what I see.

I think that we were all correct in that thread to a certain degree. There is some zooming involved in the widescreen support within 1.5, but it looks very good anyways. I was sensitive to the zooming within the widescreen-fixer software, but I have no issue with the patch implementation.

My little 19" monitor has a native resolution which could not be forced for some reason, so I'm appreciating the new, non-stretched display quite a lot. :thumbsup:

Comment

ok so i tried the nvidia scaling, i got the bars on the side, but when loading the game it would over ride the scaling and just stretch 1280x1024 and i would have bars on top and left, but it seemed to be less zoomed then when i forced 1680x1050.

i tried the widescreen fixer, 1.32? the only one supposedly verified to work fine with punkbuster and it seems that it didnt work, and only shows bf2142 1.4 beta 3 i dont want to use latest release because there not verified to be working w/ pb

Comment

Working...
                    X