Clear All

• Crashing + Check your network connection

Hi, i have installed BF2 on my new pc, current specs

Windows XP SP3 32bit
    Intel Quad Core Extreme 4ghz
    8GB RAM
    SLi 9800x2
    nvidia sli chipset

i dont know what the problem is, this game worked perfectly on my old PC.

First my game started to crash in the loading screen when connecting to a server, at 70%, the game just went black screen then crashes to desktop.

I decided to restart my PC, i log back on, and try to connect to an server, and when clicking on server it says "please check your network connection(s)" something like that, i restarted my router and still same problem....

Re: Crashing + Check your network connection

Maybe your firewalls need to be configured. Disable them temporarily to see if it helps.
    Also you could try running the game in a window to see if you get an error message.
    Change +fullscreen 1 to +fullscreen 0 in shortcut target to run in a window.
    Also check: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/4674747-post2.html

Comment

Can i ask, nothing related to your problem.
      But if you got 8GB of RAM why not go to xp bit because in that you not even using half your RAM which is a shame.

On topic, check firewalls, router ports, umm crashing can be loads of things i had it a while a go and tried several things but nothing worked (but maybe a combination of it all was good) and it seemed it sorted its self.
      In mean time make sure you got the latest drivers, especially for the 9800x2 as they are a fairly new card and drivers aint perfected yet.

~Slash

Comment

I love when newbies with too much money try to build their own PC. Its like opening up a can of worms that can be either a blessing or a curse. That said, try checking the Community FAQ on the support page. The sticky post there will solve 99% of the problems you will encounter. Also try bypassing the router and plug into the modem.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
          I love when newbies with too much money try to build their own PC. Its like opening up a can of worms that can be either a blessing or a curse. That said, try checking the Community FAQ on the support page. The sticky post there will solve 99% of the problems you will encounter. Also try bypassing the router and plug into the modem.
          QFT :nod:

Comment

Windows XP SP3 32bit

...there's your problem ...sheesh, spend all that money on that pc and can't make a 3 year old game work.

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy
              Windows XP SP3 32bit

...there's your problem ...sheesh, spend all that money on that pc and can't make a 3 year old game work.
              Wow thats a first, someone slating XP for not working.
              Ummm for all that nice shiny RAM to work, you have to reinstall with a 64 bit version, i dont know 64bit comes on the same disc with 32bit have ago and if it isnt there just cancel it.
              If not you have to buy a new one with 64bit, and really just buy vista 64bit it would be much better, run smooth.

~Slash

Comment

Working...
              X