This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Avoid K3 mod and any Kill3r mods

It has been brought to the attention of the community that a modder/mapper, Kill3r, creator of the K3 mod and various maps, inserted code into those maps and mod that would allow him to use rcon to log into a server running these items and take control. The mod also contained an aim bot. Here's a list of items Kill3r had his hand in:

Mods:
    K3
    Ion Cannon Mod
    Freeze Tag mod
    iBAS Beta 1.1 Mod
    UO Zombie Mod
    Maps:
    Q3CTF3
    WAWA
    Maze1
    Backlot night
    Rat House
    More information can be found at these locations:

InfinityWard Forums: http://www.infinityward.com/communit...?topic=36639.0

RGN Forums: http://www.raidersmerciless.com/showthread.php?t=4554

CODUtility: http://www.codutility.com/index.php?...thread_id=2441

PBBans.com: http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=70504

[ Thanks to kyobanim for the message ]

(p.s. move to mod news I guess?)

Re: Warning: Avoid K3 mod and any Kill3r mods

What an idiot... :shakehead:

You might wanna PM the staff so they remove those from the TGF. Unless they already have... Just in case...

*edit*

The ION Cannon mod still seems to be there

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

So is Backlot night

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Ah. That's why people here don't use it..

Comment

Wow, thanks for the heads up. That's really low of him.

Comment

Wow, what a nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post
            Wow, what a nerd.
            A nerd would never do that. He is a thief and disreputable individual who probably single handedly destroyed the modding community. Now everyone is decompiling mods and looking at lines of code because there "may" be something there.

Its a shame too because he had some talent, though some have come out and said he even stole some of the coding he used.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Agreed with that

Comment

I think I might have a couple of those mods. Do I have to delete them, or would a full reinstall be better?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                  I think I might have a couple of those mods. Do I have to delete them, or would a full reinstall be better?
                  You want to at least delete them. If you have any server running them, you will want to take it offline and change your rcon password(s).

Crunch

Comment

I was really hoping this wouldn't spread here...

Seriously guys, I think he's gotten enough **** for this (some personal threats of contacting his school/employer and hurting him, from what I've heard). So let's not insult him. I can see why somebody would want the RCON passwords, and I'm not talking about stealing a server, there are reasons (dvars, settings, etc. if something goes wrong he can check to possible fix it in a future release). The aim bot is ehh, but he has a reason for it (testing, killing the bots for the ion cannon probably).

Also, the maps most likely wouldn't have the aimbot in it. It was only the K3 mod IIRC.

Comment

^^ You're kidding? So we should... be... accepting of this? Seriously, if he wanted to help improve the mod, he'd ask the community, not put harmful code in.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d

Seriously guys, I think he's gotten enough **** for this (some personal threats of contacting his school/employer and hurting him, from what I've heard). So let's not insult him. I can see why somebody would want the RCON passwords, and I'm not talking about stealing a server, there are reasons (dvars, settings, etc. if something goes wrong he can check to possible fix it in a future release). The aim bot is ehh, but he has a reason for it (testing, killing the bots for the ion cannon probably)..
                        He definitely shouldn't be stealing RCON passwords, and the aimbot may or may not have a legit reason for being there, but threats to hurt him IRL over that are pathetic and disgusting.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d

Seriously guys, I think he's gotten enough **** for this (some personal threats of contacting his school/employer and hurting him, from what I've heard). So let's not insult him. I can see why somebody would want the RCON passwords, and I'm not talking about stealing a server, there are reasons (dvars, settings, etc. if something goes wrong he can check to possible fix it in a future release). The aim bot is ehh, but he has a reason for it (testing, killing the bots for the ion cannon probably).

Also, the maps most likely wouldn't have the aimbot in it. It was only the K3 mod IIRC.
                            *snip*

Seriously though, I hope thats sarcasm. Its a serious thing.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by b'Kodak` View Post
                              ^^ You're kidding? So we should... be... accepting of this? Seriously, if he wanted to help improve the mod, he'd ask the community, not put harmful code in.
                              I never said accept it. I basically said to let it blow over. I'm sure he's going to need to make a new username/alias, get a new email, buy a new copy of the game (banned by PBbans IIRC), and pay for a new website if he already has one. Possibly move to a new city since people apparently know where he lives and after all the threats that he has received.

Comment

Working...
                              X