Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started.

Hi ALL

Just started to happen this week-end and never happened before.
    While playing online the game starts to slow, choppy, lag for 3-4 sec and then it wakes up and its fine. I spoke to 1 of my buds and he has just started to have the same prob as I and it also started this week-end.

My system specs:
    Win XP SP3.
    4GB RAM.
    Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB.
    Intel core 2 X6800 2.9GHz overclocked to 3.2GHz.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Just started.

If you have any anti-virus software running in the background (ie. AVG), completely shut down/exit those programs. They can cause such lag, specifically when airstrikes come in.

Also, be sure you do a manual Punkbuster update.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      If you have any anti-virus software running in the background (ie. AVG), completely shut down/exit those programs. They can cause such lag, specifically when airstrikes come in.

Also, be sure you do a manual Punkbuster update.
      Thanks Whiskey, but how do I do a manual PB update?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny
        Thanks Whiskey, but how do I do a manual PB update?
        FAQ: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-cod4.php

Comment

Thanks Whiskey.

Comment

Whiskey

Do you think it could be SP3 for XP? I installed it last week and then the prob started the friday of that same week. I did the following, updated my driver for the video card, got the PBsetup to do manual updates. I have not had a prob yet but it did happen before I got the PBsetup, when I was playing ETQW witch has never hapened on the game till this week-end. I spoke to a tech at DELL he said all I have to do is a refresh point and go back before I installed SP3 and that will get rid of SP3. I just don't understand why this is happening when nothing has changed but the SP3, but like I said it has not happened yet since the PBsetup but I will keep trying to test. what do you think I should do if it happens again? should I do a refresh point?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I'll make an educated guess. It's possible that PB hadn't yet been prepared/updated for SP3, and that caused the conflict. Now that you have PB updated, it may not happen again.

As far as using a restore point, that could work however you need to make restore points before you make changes to your computer. If you don't already have one, then I don't think you can go back (without a lot of other work). And I'm not sure if you can uninstall service packs.

At any rate, sit tight and see if it happens again. It's always a good idea to manually update PB every week or so. If another PB update doesn't solve it, then you can look at other options.

Comment

That was fast:thumbsup:, thank for getting back to me, Ill give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                X