ATi issues on XP with 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi issues on XP with 2142?

Had a few issues playing 2142 recently with an ATi 3850 512MB card onboard. I usually play it on a dual nVidia 7900GTX PC in SLi mode with no worries.

What happens is that I seem to get a 'one-shot' go at running 2142. If for whatever reason I come out of 2142 or the thing crashes to desktop, it simply fails to re-run. The screen goes black for a few seconds and just prior to the EA & walker film clip coming on, it just resets back to desktop with no error at all.

If I restart the PC, everything is fine again. Its almost like a service or process doesn't successfully Stop and the game cannot then be relaunched. It also screws things up for any other D3D game afterwards.

All the latest drivers are on there, complete with DX9.0c March '08 and Windows XP SP3.

Any ideas, guys?

Re: ATi issues on XP with 2142?

The game wont run if your resolution/refresh rate settings are higher than your desktop settings.
    If the game starts off running fine and then fails, it could be your card is not coping which could lower your desktop settings until you reboot.
    Try updating drivers, lowering ingame video settings, resolution/refersh rate and use ati tool or something to monitor card temps.

Comment

i have a similar problem except when i get master server disconnect and i try to log in again and it just stalls at the all black screen. but once i exit to desktop and relaunch it, it works fine.

Comment

Sounds like your firewall is blocking the game or punkbuster. Temporarily disable firewall/anti virus to see if it helps.

Comment

Worth a shot natt - thanks.

I'm back on the nVidia powered PC now, so it may not be a problem!

Comment

Working...
          X