Dont Underestimate Your Pistol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Underestimate Your Pistol!

BF2142 is very clever at making the stereotypical crap weapons good again, a good example of this is your pistol.
    I was playing as the EU Recon and had my 6 Shot revolver out.
    I was then able to Kill a full health battle walker by standing under it and shooting the vents, the driver didn't have a clue!
    It was a moment of sheer luck, but it still worked!
    Who needs your Rocket Launchers and Explosive Charges when you have your trusty pistol eh?

Re: Dont Underestimate Your Pistol!

yeah i dont shoot walker vents at all but yeah as far as pistols go i prefer the pierria over the takao caus your pistol is for up close and the pierria has great stopping power and timed properly can be fired just as fast as the takao. EU has better pistols.

Comment

Ehh... So the walker was just.. standing there? You probably could have killed it a lot faster using just about any other weapon (unless you were using the Clark or something) in that kind of situation... It's not like a pistol does any more damage to the vents than any other weapon.

Comment

The walker was probably hurt before or a rorsch was firing at it and he was the lucky one to make the last shot. Does it tell XXX killed [Takao] YYY?

Comment

Originally posted by Ark_Angel_4400
          BF2142 is very clever at making the stereotypical crap weapons good again, a good example of this is your pistol.
          I was playing as the EU Recon and had my 6 Shot revolver out.
          I was then able to Kill a full health battle walker by standing under it and shooting the vents, the driver didn't have a clue!
          It was a moment of sheer luck, but it still worked!
          Who needs your Rocket Launchers and Explosive Charges when you have your trusty pistol eh?
          I'm gonna have to see some video of that. You sure while you weren't plinking away with the pistol an Engineer didn't wallop the Walker with a Pilum and maybe you got that last 1-pt damage for a kill?

I have a real hard time believing a lousy pistol could do the job all by itself. Lag or something must have prevented you from seeing/hearing something more substantial knock the **** out of it while you did your thing. :hmm:

Reminds me of the joke about the Ant and the Elephant. LMAO

Comment

I've shot down a walker with a pistol. It had hardly any health though.

Comment

The moral of the story is, always shoot vehicles that are on fire with your pistol to steal the kill!

Comment

If the walker were at full health, I don't think you would have had enough bullets in the Pistol to take it down (unless you were being resupplied). I'm just pulling these numbers off the top of my head, but I think the EU pistol has something like 7-8 bullets per clip, and like 6-7 clips. In this case, the most damage you could do is 56...

I did take a walker down with an LMG before: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=155641 But even then, I think I may have had help from a Rorsch. Sure, it's possible to take down a walker with a pistol, but I think this is one of those cases where you should really underestimate the pistol's power to do so. =P

Comment

I personally like the takao better, i find it that i can get kills faster and better, because with the periera, the thing recoil is like a horse, but gets the more powerful kill. But takao is just easier to aim ( i think ) and my stats on my new soldier prove it kinda...for me at least

Comment

just to clarify, the walker had only just respawned, i was going for it, but an enemy got there first. so using my SNIPER i shot the vents with about 10 shots, then finished it with the pistol. the walker was trying to cap a silo and was stuck between the silo and a building and was glitching a fair bit. There was no allies anywhere near my position (according to the mini-map) and i was awarded the kill.
                    However due to the nature of EA the walker probably tripped over itself and hit its head on the silo, killing it instantly.
                    Regardless, its a pretty funny story.

Comment

Yeah I blow up FAV's the whole time with my pistol If you know it's damaged just fire away at it and if you're lucky you'll get the kill! Has given me a few hackusations ^^

Comment

Earlier i ran underneath a Walker that was capping a silo. and shot it in the vents at point blank range with the Rocket Launcher. That was quite amusing. bet it looked funny...

Comment

I feel that you can probably prone with it and it recovers from the accuracy penalty much faster than the other guns. Ironsights is mostly usless at the range you are probably going to resort to using it. Headshots is a pain to do while zoomed it, especially with the EU revolver, and it is not worth losing the mobility. But I've gotten a few kills by keeping my shots in bursts. 2 shot burst for the EU one and 3 shots for the PAC pistol

Comment

i use the pistol all the time- i once went an entire round with only teh p15701!
                            the pistol looks cool too- especially the EU one- also fun to take out snipers with it from a range away. also fun to run onto a roof, aim at the sniper across toll booth, and let loose.... but i usually die when i do that....
                            :yay:

Comment

Yea the pistol is awesome, apart from the iron sights do suck a little, especially the EU one. But it looks and sounds so cool, so im not complaining. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X