Question about servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about servers

I know nothing about admining a server in this game, I'm asking for some one else. If a player has a special character in his name, how do you kick/ban him? I need the specific syntax if you could. I don't know what if any mods the server is running to help with the admining of the server, so if you would suggest several different ways to do it, depending on which admin package you're using (including the way to do it if you have none at all) I'll e-mail you some sex or something.

Thanks

Re: Question about servers

The easiest way to do it if someone has special characters in their name is through 2142cc. Anyone that is an admin on a server should know how to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
      The easiest way to do it if someone has special characters in their name is through 2142cc. Anyone that is an admin on a server should know how to use it.
      That's quite an assumption. IR nublet, and apparently I'm not the only one because the server admin that I'm asking for was unable to accomplish it. He said that the name didn't show up on his "list" what ever that means, so he couldn't ban them. Kept trying to vote them out, which needless to say, you cannot kick anyone from this game by vote, no matter what their doing. So lets assume I'm a complete moron (that's not a stretch), who has never done this before. How would I go about doing it?

Comment

The command line interface accepts pasted content. You might be able to tab out to Windows, open up the Character Map applet and find the "special character" in question and then paste that in as part of the !k command... It's worth a try.

Also, this might be part of a multihack program. Anyone know more?

Comment

you can't kick via command interline...

Comment

Okay, I see what you are asking. I have run into this before, where the player isn't listed in the 2142cc player list and they aren't even listed on the score board. The only way to do it then is through the rcon commands.
            • Open up the console in game by typing ~
            • Gain access to rcon by typing "rcon login yourpassword (You can get this from your server configs. Make sure you change it from whatever the default was when your server was set up.)
            • Get the list of players by typing "rcon exec admin.listPlayers" (This will show you all players, including the one with special characters and list an ID number for each one. You can Pg Up to see them if they are at the top of the list.)
            • Kick or ban them by typing "rcon exec admin.kickPlayer #" or "rcon exec admin.banPlayer #" and substitute the # with their ID #. ("rcon exec admin.banPlayer 16" if his ID # is 16.)

After this is done, you may have problems with your ban list in 2142cc. Depending on the character they are using, it may show that your ban list is blank. If that is the case, you will need to export the ban list, open it and find the player, remove the special character, then save and import it back into cc.

Hope this helps.

Edit: You should also have him apply to get access to the Server Owners Lounge here as he will be able to find help for other problems on those forums.

Comment

Thank you Skates, that's exactly what I needed. <3

Comment

Working...
              X