Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Server

Hello everyone.

I just started a server thats 32 players with vehicles. Server rotation is as follows: Strike at Karkand, Daqing Oilfields, Dragon Valley, Fushe pass, Zatar Wetlands (my fav map since release) Wake 2007 and Road To jalalabad. I'm just looking to populate it more and I'm open to advice as to map rotation and anything else.

Server is located in Virginia, I'm in Michigan and see pings of 30-50 ms. If any clans wanna make it they're home feel free to message me, it's free and I'm not asking for anything in return, just wanna keep it populated and fun for everyone

Depending on how busy it gets and if any clan makes it they're home or not I might need a few admins to keep things in order.

IP: 64.34.186.153
    Port: 16567

Hope to see some ppl in there :thumbsup:

Re: New Server

Sounds cool. What map sizes are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by Devious_Red View Post
      Sounds cool. What map sizes are you running?
      All maps are 32 players with 1 round each map.

Comment

booring

Comment

I think that's a terrible map rotation. I do hope you get the server populated though...

Comment

eew, one round each

Comment

Good luck with that

Comment

Change the number of rounds to like 10-20 and that will be fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Hercegov
                  That's horrible for people with weaker systems, I hate 1 round servers because on every load I lag like hell for the first 5 minutes and I don't get to have much fun before the round is over.

Comment

I agree with changing it from one round each. Make it at least 2 or 3. Also, I personally like all those maps. Thing is, from what I can see there is quite a mix of different types of maps. Now I don't see this as a problem but most people either like to tank whore/heli/jet whore etc or play just city maps and so on. I hope you get it populated as it is tbh but if you have trouble perhaps consider the rotation.

Sorry, didn't make much sense, I'm in a hurry! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hercegov
                      At least 2 rounds per map would be a lot better... Loading every round and not being able to play both sides on a map isn't very fun.

Comment

I like the maps just fine, but you need to play at least 2 rounds on each.

To get it going, you needed some dummy accounts to put in game and leave in.

Comment

My vote - you should mix up the infantry and vehicle maps a bit more. Right now you have Karkand and Jalalabad next to each other, followed by a string of six vehicle maps before you get back to a city map again. If you're going for a good mix, I'd switch Jalalabad with FuShe or DV, or maybe just take one of those out and put in Mashtuur or Sharqi. That way you don't have long stretches of vehicle maps followed by a pocket of city maps. Since it looks like your server is going for a good map mixture, be sure to use the right mixture. And yeah, definitely at least two rounds each. And another bit of advice - make sure autobalance is on and make the server shuffle the players after every round. Few things kill a vehicle map server faster than playing on a stacked team round after round.

But with the maps you've selected, sounds like a server I'd definitely go for.

Oh, and ignore Reaper, he's cranially challenged.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                          X