Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-Key Invalid

Hey all,

Bought BF2 the day it was release but havent played it in ages (V1.0 ??), loaded it up to my pc a few nights ago and was having problems with connections and staying in games although my internet was working fine.

So I did a search seen that I needed to update/patch, which Ive just done v1.41 (556mb) and now I get a message CD-Key Invalid.

I cant uninstall the game and reinstall it as Ive lost by book with the serial code ??

What can i do, I just wanna play the dam game

HELP ME PLEASE

when I start the game now and search for servers above that screen in the top right it says: V1.1.2965-797.0

Re: CD-Key Invalid

You would need to use one of the programs to input your cd-key, but as you don't have the serial, your only option is to contact EA.
    Probably better off finding a cheap copy of the game.

Comment

Ive found a better option, uninstall it, **** it in the bid and never buy an EA game again.

Bloody joke this crap, Ill stick with steam and CS DOD etc.

CYA !!!

Comment

If you're running XP, do you have a "system restore point" some time between when you installed BF2 and when you installed the patch? If you can rollback to a time before you patched then the CD key is in the registry in plain text (search for "ergc"). Once you install patch 1.03 or higher it gets encoded. One of the effects of the encoding is that you can ONLY play using the same Windows account that you used to install the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb
          ...when I start the game now and search for servers above that screen in the top right it says: V1.1.2965-797.0
          yes thats the correct patch. see here for patch #s

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
          If you're running XP, do you have a "system restore point" some time between when you installed BF2 and when you installed the patch? If you can rollback to a time before you patched then the CD key is in the registry in plain text (search for "ergc"). Once you install patch 1.03 or higher it gets encoded. One of the effects of the encoding is that you can ONLY play using the same Windows account that you used to install the patch.
          I was going to suggest doing that also. you should be able to get the cdkey that way.

also, you could register bf2 with EA by using the 'register this product' link found in your start programs folder. then log back into EA and you should be able to retrieve the cdkey. DO NOT run the cdkey check program in that folder. it will delete your cdkey from the registry.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb View Post
            Ive found a better option, uninstall it, **** it in the bid and never buy an EA game again.

CYA !!!
            Ther shud be some kind of cd key checker for bf2....google a bit.

Comment

CYA !!!
              So now its EA's fault that you lost your manual?

Comment

Working...
              X