Stopping power or double tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping power or double tap

now i know this might sound stupid, but if you think about it: double tap makes alittle more since, right? twice the bulletts, twice damage? Tell me what you think!!! because stopping power doesnt even double the damage on the guns according to the stats ive been reading. i know that recoil could become a factor, but on guns like the m60 i have found short bursts with double tap kill better then stopping power. just curious what everyone else outhere thinks!!!

i rather enjoy how everyone reads these things, but only a couple will reply. im not askin for anything more then an opinion.

Re: Stopping power or double tap

I like using double tap on certain weapons that are already powerful, like the M4 and AK47.

I tend to use stopping power on SMGs and sniper rifles.

I prefer to use sleigh of hand on the LMGs, so Ive never tried double tap on them.

I think mathematically stopping power is the better choice in damage over double tap. I post I made a long time ago someone mentioned it.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

According to the stats the m60 does 40-50 base damage where most assualt rifles do that with stopping power,. you know what i mean. i like slight of hand on the lmgs as well, i dont know, lets wait and see what other people say. thanx for the quick reply...

Comment

I'd say that if you're more of an accurate shot, then Stopping Power would probably be more effective. If you are the type that likes putting a lot of lead on a target, then Double Tap might be a better choice.

Keep in mind that Double Tap will burn through your ammo more quickly (so you may want to consider the Bandolier perk too). I might be mistaken, but I don't think Double Tap is actually "double" the bullets in the same amount of time...I think it increases your fire rate, but not necessarily by 2x.

As also mentioned, different weapons already have different base fire/damage rates, so the "optimum" choice in terms of damage/time will probably be different for different weapons, so some calculations would likely have to be made for each one to be sure.

As far as the LMG's, I like Double Tap on the RPD at the very least. Takes out choppers very quickly. I also like DT on the M16, as it gets that 3-round burst out quickly, and you can fire the next one with less delay...very handy in close-quarters. I've only recently started experimenting with Stopping Power, as I usually prefer UAV Jammer to remain as stealthy as possible.

Comment

well if you go to http://roe.totalgamingnetwork.com/wi...are%2C_Weapons

you will see all the weapons and all there damages with and without stopping power, and all of there nessacary stats. this is where im baseing my knowledge from. Also that fact of gameplay. Check it out. i did and learned alot, im in no way questioning your knowledge, just tryin to figure **** out. Thanx

Comment

Right, there are various stats on that page. But there are more calculations to be done. You have the info there to calculate damage-per-bullet with stopping power, then you need to factor in the rate of fire, and depending on exactly what you want to know, factor in size of the magazine (or whatever volume of bullets you want to think about (ie. max damage per 5 shots, 10 shots, etc).

But then you also need to determine what the increase in fire-rate is with Double Tap (ie. is it 1.2x, 1.4x, 1.7x, etc). I think someone may have figured it out somewhere, but I didn't see it on a quick scan of that page. So with this knowledge, you multiply the DT rate with the regular fire rate, factored by the "regular" damage without Stopping Power, and then again factor in the volume of bullets you want to know.

Even when you figure this out, this will only give you an idea of which does more damage in the shortest period of time. This is a "perfect world" scenario. Individual play-styles, aim, control of recoil, etc will then come into play. So even with a "perfect" answer, that may not be what is most effective for each individual player.

Comment

I personally like double tap more. When I use guns like the MP5 (sighted) and the M60, they jump EVERYWHERE, and with double tap, the recoils is lessened (visual I could be wrong) but I can put a burst of fire of like 4 bullets accurately when normally I could not. And I play Hardcore WAY more than Normal, actually exclusively Hardcore...so I NEVER use stopping power.

Comment

I certainlly like hardcore, but even still think double tap is more effective then stopping power. regardless of game play.

Comment

It was already established that stopping power is better in normal mode.

Probably by Dairuka... he might even have an essay written on in it in the Encyclanpedia.

But don't ask me to prove it. :P

Comment

id like to see it

Comment

stopping power on sniper rifles is pretty sweet.

Comment

Someone edited my ECP input, but doubletap DOES NOT give you 2X ROF. Mathematically, DT is worse than SP.

However, it depends highly on the ping and weapon of choice and aim. If a weapon is already powerful, DT is better. If a weapon is weak, SP is better. If you have a nice ping and great aim, SP > DT.

[EDIT] It was Sloi who brought this to peoples attention, the mathematical aspect. Last time I checked, DT bonus was +25% in ROF.

Comment

Mathematically (and yes, I have calculated it), Stopping Power is superior. Doubletap comes in handy when you're using a weapon with a slow rate of fire.

DT increases ROF by 25%
                          SP increases damage by 40%

The outcome is already intuitively obvious, but do the math if you're not convinced.

Comment

Just checked ECP. The +100% bonus was stripped and fixed to 33%, which seems to be correct.

My maths suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                              Mathematically (and yes, I have calculated it), Stopping Power is superior. Doubletap comes in handy when you're using a weapon with a slow rate of fire.

DT increases ROF by 25%
                              SP increases damage by 40%

The outcome is already intuitively obvious, but do the math if you're not convinced.
                              There we are... But my recollection of who it was was pretty wrong. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X