Parachute delay time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parachute delay time?

So, I really just started playing again sine the 1.5 beta came out. I only played 1.4 less than a dozen times.

But since I've been playing regularly these last few days it seems like theres a longer delay for the parachute. I hit the ground a few times with it even opening. I still pound the space bar the same way I used to, also.

Maybe its just me though.

Re: Parachute delay time?

Have you been playing on Anzio? I had the same feeling the other day but I really can't imagine that the chute code has been changed. However I die constantly from falls on that map. Maybe just the topography that causes it.

Comment

If you're too close to the buildings when you hit the chute often times it won't open. I never jump down into the alleyway between two buildings that are close together in BF2 anymore because of how many times I've cratered from chutes not opening. Usually if you jump far enough away from a building you're fine, but if you're too close to another building you're porked.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Yes I agree.

On Anzio there are lots of roofs next to narrow passages and sloping hillsides. That is probably the cause.

Comment

I think that this might be a little different than what the OP is talking about, Wolfy.

I thought it was just me, but I've been taking a lot of damage from falls because my chute seems to open later than I expect it will...

EDIT: Now that I think about it a little more, I suppose that all the uneven terrain might play a huge factor in that... lol

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
            EDIT: Now that I think about it a little more, I suppose that all the uneven terrain might play a huge factor in that... lol
            I think that is probably it, now that I think about it.

Comment

Theres one way to find out, ill look into the parachute tweak.

and no the parachute hasnt changed a bit (I compared from 1.25 1.40 and 1.50)

Comment

jump then hit spacebar never never just fall unless its of a titan

Comment

Thanks for that advice on parachuting... :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by jake___ View Post
                    So, I really just started playing again sine the 1.5 beta came out. I only played 1.4 less than a dozen times.

But since I've been playing regularly these last few days it seems like theres a longer delay for the parachute. I hit the ground a few times with it even opening. I still pound the space bar the same way I used to, also.

Maybe its just me though.
                    A few words for you: "OMG NEW PATCH!!!" Superstition.

Comment

lol ... after being burnt before by patches that regressed the whole game, it's not without some merit to be overly cautious and ask questions...

The thing about gaming forums is the abuse one takes by those who think they are smarter than everyone else ...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
                        The thing about gaming forums is the abuse one takes by those who think they are smarter than everyone else ...
                        Yes, he is annoying isn't he

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                          Yes, he is annoying isn't he
                          Annoying, but usually correct. Don't forget that

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                            Annoying, but usually correct. Don't forget that
                            Watch it, I totally out rank you in terms of seniority.

I wouldn't ask the question unless I thought was seriously legitimate. I clearly notice a change since the last time I played seriously. I just needed to know if that was from me being rusty or if it was the new map/patch.

Comment

I don't blame you, everyone suffers from "OMG new patch" syndrome I thought the IDS was funky ranged, until I checked it out myself... I also was annoyed at the parachutes on Shingle, out of 10 attempts I got it to deploy twice :|:

Comment

Working...
                              X