I Applaud IW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Applaud IW

For the first time in my gaming "career" I truly understand the amount of depth included in every single map, along with how it affects gameplay. In the past all I seemed to notice was the beauty or simple layout of the map, never noticing more than the basic design. Now, however, the endless hours I have put into playing Call of Duty have finally payed off.

Of course every map has its well-known spots, but there is so much more! The tiny gaps in seemingly random spaces, the objects that seem to be misplaced, they all have a purpose. Whether it's to ruin your perfect shot on an enemy (a bent light post for example) or give you that extra height to scout out the enemy (baskets), almost everything is there for a reason!
    I can't do anything but praise IW for their work on Call of Duty 4, especially in the map department. Does anybody else feel this way? I mean, lately I've truly realized the amazing depth in each map, and it just blows my mind. Great work IW! :salute:

Re: I Applaud IW

agreed:guns:

Comment

Agreed wholeheartedly. IW has put in so much work...

However, they arent as amazing as Irrational were. Have a round in SWAT4. Its incredible how a team can make a LOGICAL and REALISTIC map, while keeping it incredibly fun, fast and give that UT-esque edge to a slow game.

Comment

The maps are great - I totally agree.

Although now I'm pretty much bored with every other aspect in this game. S&D is still fun but I prefer CSS for that kind of gameplay.

Again, my opinion so no bashing plzzz.

Comment

Oh yea, Ive been exploring the maps and finding things out all the time. Found a few good sniper spots and a few places to jump into or around to get behind an enemy.

I even found a secret window the other day

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I also forgot to include how the maps reward skill and practice - if you know where to go to avoid set (pixel) nades or avoid direct enemy content your chances of survival are increased tremendously.

Comment

So, eh... Shipment...

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I never played it a lot but I fail to see why it is there lol.

Must have something to do with a bunch of ppl who all feel that they are unable to get their challenges and all gold guns (sif it matters) in a normal game and thus ppl came up with 50/50 ****ment.

Comment

Shipment is IWs way of saying - "Yeah, we care about the mentally challenged too!"

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
                  So, eh... Shipment...
                  Shipment is great. It's a nice change of pace from the nadespam and campers in the other maps. No wait...

Actually, shipment is pretty fun because you can do things you couldn't do in other maps (tossing C4 over containers ftw) and it's really good for testing your reflexes. Just play on a server with less than 12 players and you're fine. It's not for everyone tho

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
                    Shipment is great. It's a nice change of pace from the nadespam and campers in the other maps. No wait...
                    LOL, a revolving door for those busy times when you only have so much time to get nade spammed and spawn killed.

Crunch

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                    Shipment is IWs way of saying - "Yeah, we care about the mentally challenged too!"
                    :laugh:

Comment

I've found Shipment to be pretty fun with 4 players. More than that, though, and it's just an exercise in madness. Spawning in and jamming down on the G key in the hopes you get a grenade off before somebody else's grenade or a random bullet out of the bazillion in the air kills you before you take a single step just isn't my idea of a good time.

Comment

Crunch-

"Save image as..."

Comment

Lol Crunch where'd you find that pic?

But going back to the maps, I think what Zuke said makes up for IW making the maps so darn SMALL! But I still like 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                            LOL, a revolving door for those busy times when you only have so much time to get nade spammed and spawn killed.

Crunch

:laugh:

=D Thats awesome...

Agree'd IW did an excellent job with this game. Most people won't even notice it.

Comment

The poster I made real quick when I read Chris' inspiring words.

As for the above image, I found them online a long time ago at bulletproof-underwear.org. They are very nice pics and I use them a lot for different things.

Glads you guys liked the image. Its so true, not so much that the mentally challanged play Shipment, but you really dont THINK when playing it

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X