Kicking sentries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking sentries

The sentry guns are just on a little tripod, and are light enough to be carried around by infantry. So would the engine allow pressing "E" to kick it over from behind? I'm not really concerned about balance or anything, just if the engine can handle it.

Re: Kicking sentries

LOL OWNED

Comment

Or if you can get behind it, you can "cap" it like you would a silo or flag and have it defend your team instead of shoot them!

Comment

Using the engineer repair tool to reprogram would be more balanced imo. Anyways, I was only wondering if the engine even allows the E key to be used like that.

Comment

wonderful idea, however i dont think Dice is going to go thru the trouble of making a new animation and changing many other game files just so 2000+ people can save a little ammo :/

Comment

Someone get Dtneter on the job for the next Extreme Realism patch!

Comment

You wouldn't even need an animation, just have it start spinning and explode.

Comment

Technically, I suppose it would be possible to transform the sentry gun into a ragdoll, except it's a single piece - so it's free to move around in the game's physics.

And if you apply some HL-style commands to that, then you could, say, pick up the SG and place it elsewhere - while the SG is still active.

Or, you could simulate a kick by transforming the SG into a ragdoll and then applying a force behind it. This way it creates the effect. You'll just be missing the animation of your foot punting the thing.

That's mostly speculation though - I don't know if the tools provided by DICE allow you to fool around like that. That's something you would need to find out on your own.

Comment

With the current Engine, No, I don't think it can be done... They could easily tweak the engine to do it though. However as the Sirs have been saying, DICE doesn't really have much free will in how they upgrade 2142 right now.

Personally, I don't mind. This kind of stuff will be more than possible on Frostbite

Comment

I can give it a shot

Comment

One of the greatest idea ever. As I can remember, the first FPS that allows you to kick is Duke Nukem 3D. It could be interesting to incorporate kicking into the game. How many HP should kicking damage to enemy?

With partially destructible environment of BF3, lockable doors and windows may be programmed into the game such that players can shut the doors and windows, while opposing players much kick them open in order to pass through them. SWAT entry maneuver anyone?

P1: Hey some sniper is on the second floor of this house.
                      P2: I'll kick open the door.
                      P3: Flash nade.
                      P1: I'm going in.

Boom! EP [Claymore] P1

Probably good with a new pin: Humiliation Pin: IOR 5 kick kills, and a new medal: Humiliated medal: IOR 15 death by kick.

Comment

Kick to the head would be awesome. You put a few holes in his armour, get up close enough then hit 'e' to kung fu the guy dead.

Comment

OK I managed this on the pilum currently its alt fire but it makes you smash the weapon so basically 1 hit would set the sentry on fire and 1 hit to a soldier should do around 35 damage

anyone got suggestions on what input i should do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter
                            OK I managed this on the pilum currently its alt fire but it makes you smash the weapon so basically 1 hit would set the sentry on fire and 1 hit to a soldier should do around 35 damage

Dogtag by Pilum whip?

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter

Can you add the same effect to pistols so that the soldier will flip the pistol around and bash someone with the handle part? Seen that in movies which is so badass :P
                              Also completely aside, is it possible to add incendary grenades in your mod? Just a grenade that upon impact will disperse a number of those fires that damage players but after a few seconds they will fade away? I think a similar idea had been applied in mods for napalm in bf2.
                              3K-AL8 Incendiary Grenade would be a leet name :nod:

Comment

Working...
                              X