DVD Burner died, No DVD Patch legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Burner died, No DVD Patch legal?

Hello everyone. Before posting "it's ilegal bui teh originalz game pl0x" please read on

I bought the game like a year ago. I own the CD Key and have not given it away to anyone. Anyway, my DVD Burner died a while ago and I cant afford one now. Since I got the game installed, I want to know if a no dvd patch would ban me from the game EVEN if I own the cd key. Because I've seen a lot of tutorials to do back up copies which is just the same, and they say it's legal (although EA doesnt like the idea back up copies very much) and that PB wont ban you. Well, is it true? I dont want to have to buy the game again. Thanks everyone.

Re: DVD Burner died, No DVD Patch legal?

Not entirely.

Some servers are setup to do MD5 and CVAR checks, which if they dont match, will ban you. The checks dont look to see if you bought the game or not, they just know something has been manipulated.

Now, as far as the virtual drives go, if your DVD didnt die on you, you could have tried a virtual drive of your actual files and not have any hacked thing.

As for affording a DVD drive, I dont kow if you live in the US, but Best Buy usually carry this Samsung DVD burners for $40 including tax. Now, being 17, maybe you cant afford the $40, but there must be a relative somewhere that can loan you some dough.

Anyway, good luck and I wouldnt try it.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Re: DVD Burner died, No DVD Patch legal?

^^^^^^^

what he said

Comment

Working...
      X