CP capture rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP capture rate

I've always wondered, how is the number of people in the capture area related to how fast the CP is captured? Obviously, more friendlies means faster flag raising, but to what ratio? I don't think 2 people cap 2 times as fast, do they? Usually at the start of Belgrade there's a whole squad of people at the first flags but the flag does not move 5 times as fast if there's 5 people.

Re: CP capture rate

Yes, it depends on the number of friendlies but it also depends on the flag. I'm not sure what the ratio is as far as number of soldiers to speed of capture. There are some flags like Command Center on Cerbere that seem to be a lot slower than others. Then again maybe it's my imagination.

Also, the capture radius is different for each flag and also depending on if you are in a vehicle. For example, you can be farther away and still cap it in a vehicle than if you are on foot. Get just in side the radius in a vehicle and then get out and you'll see you are no longer capping it. Also, the capture radius of a flag like Toll Station on Gibraltar is very large while Command Center on Cerbere is very small.

Finally, if there are the same number of players from each team at the flag it will stop. So, if you are capping a flag by yourself and you see it stop, you know there is an enemy soldier near.

Comment

Rear bases take twice as long to capture iirc.

Comment

Yeah, back bases like command centre and EU base take longer. But what about church on cerbere, that takes ages too...?

Comment

Bases like Church are weird. They just take long randomly. The back bases are by far the worst, especially Cerberes Command Center. One nade, or a few well placed rockets and EVERYONE on it is dead.

Comment

Thats why atleast a squad with 2 medics should cap the back base flags.
            Yesterday I was playing camp gib and my team sucked so badly that I had to go commander and be a fighting commander :S I took most of the flags by myself in just 7 minutes having the eu only have 1 flag left.

Comment

I hate it when you and your clan are playing just taking all the flags, and your team is so horrible and just looses them all when they have the whole team on them. It's really annoying having to go back all over.

Comment

well i always though it was like this:

1 person: +1 (no bonus)
                2 People: +2
                ---

1 Enemy: -1
                2 Enemies: -2

thats my theory i have stuck by.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazanelli
                  Yeah, back bases like command centre and EU base take longer. But what about church on cerbere, that takes ages too...?
                  capping church on cerbere is for retards. do you like to get dumped on from south town and the hills above?

Comment

I don't know it better, but I think X people in the flag radius make it go down X times faster. You will see it when your whole 6 man squad is in the radius, it's going down really fast whereas alone it would take half a minute.
                    Also, very important what Skates said. If the flag indicator doesn't move or moves back, prepare for some enemies approaching. Usually I am watching one or two sideways to the flag and the flag indicator, having some crates to cover my back. Once it doesn't move and there's no enemy in my vicinity, I can be sure they are behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by ZinZ
                      Cerberes Command Center. One nade, or a few well placed rockets and EVERYONE on it is dead.
                      That's why, when playing in a good squad, the SL must stay back, otherwise you're all dead.

I never really thought about this tbh.

Comment

I believe its 25% faster every time a soldier is in the area.

Soo..

100%
                        125%
                        156%
                        195%

and so on.

Comment

From the GamePlayObjects.con file for Cerbere:

ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName CPNAME_CL_32_Command_Center
                          ObjectTemplate.radius 4
                          ObjectTemplate.team 2
                          ObjectTemplate.controlPointId 2
                          ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam1 25
                          ObjectTemplate.areaValueTeam2 25
                          ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 40
                          ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 40
                          ObjectTemplate.isHemisphere 1

ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName CPNAME_CL_32_Roadblock_Area
                          ObjectTemplate.radius 9
                          ObjectTemplate.team 2
                          ObjectTemplate.controlPointId 5
                          ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 20
                          ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 20

ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName CPNAME_CL_32_Church
                          ObjectTemplate.radius 12
                          ObjectTemplate.team 2
                          ObjectTemplate.controlPointId 3
                          ObjectTemplate.timeToGetControl 40
                          ObjectTemplate.timeToLoseControl 40

ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName CPNAME_CL_32_South_Town_Center
                          ObjectTemplate.radius 8
                          ObjectTemplate.team 2
                          ObjectTemplate.controlPointId 101

ObjectTemplate.setControlPointName CPNAME_CL_32_Office_Ruins
                          ObjectTemplate.radius 8
                          ObjectTemplate.controlPointId 7
                          That gives you the radius for each flag and I'm assuming the "time ToGetControl/Lose Control is the number of seconds. I'm not sure about the "areaValue" numbers but the 25 would support the 25% increase for each additional soldier that Mike was talking about. I could try and run a ocuple tests with some buddies on our Unranked Server taking flags with different numbers of soldiers and timing it.

Comment

Time to get control is when the flag is neutral time to losecontrol is when you or the enemy capped the flag how long it will take to neutralize it (in seconds)

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter View Post
                              Time to get control is when the flag is neutral time to losecontrol is when you or the enemy capped the flag how long it will take to neutralize it (in seconds)
                              Right, so it takes a total of 40 seconds for a single soldier to cap Office Ruins or Road Block on Cerbere and 80 seconds for a single soldier to cap Church or Command Center. The question is how much time is reduced by adding additional soldiers to the number capping.

Comment

Working...
                              X