i has another question >.<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i has another question >.<

how do i make a video of my gameplay?... and once thats done how do i edit it?..

i downloaded camtasia studio and got the full version

and i also have cam studio.. but it lags ALOT! really jumpy.. and camtasia doesn't seem to capture gameplay..just normal screen activity. soon as i start the game it only records a black screen..

anyone can halps meh? :cry:

i need a good recording program and a free video editor that i can edit it with

kthxbai

Re: i has another question &gt;.&lt;

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

yeah i tried that... didn't work.. i went to C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main... but there was no demo folder with the recording..

Comment

seen an error in instructions in above link.

In game pull down console and type \record demoname not /record etc

Always remember to stop the demo (/stoprecord) when game is finsihed

Use fraps to record - settings 25 fps and half screen on demo playback to get decent framerate.

Comment

Demo folder goes in mod folder, so if you were on a Pam server check > Mods > Pam > Demos

and /record and \record work both the same in console...

Comment

oh... i am just about to reinstall it.. it has been locking up during play so i dont know if its the game or hardware... so now im going to reformat and install cod4 again and see if i can record

but id rather something that records it and saves it as a file rather than the command way.. it seems a bit too fiddly.. and like it says u cant fast forward or anything which would get very annoying..

i have fraps but it only records for 30 seconds or something

Comment

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx
              but id rather something that records it and saves it as a file rather than the command way.. it seems a bit too fiddly.. and like it says u cant fast forward or anything which would get very annoying..
              Using the command has several advantages:
              - saves to a small file-size
              - doesn't slow down your game while you're playing. If you use other programs (eg. FRAPS) then you'll likely see a gameplay hit.
              - you can then use a program like cod4player (do a forum search) to play back the demo file you saved, and do fancy effects like removing HUD elements, changing camera angles, slow mo, fast forward, etc. Pretty much the only thing it doesn't do is rewind.

As far as not finding the folder, keep in mind once again you're using Vista, so it may be in a weird pathway in your "Virtual Store" folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                As far as not finding the folder, keep in mind once again you're using Vista, so it may be in a weird pathway in your "Virtual Store" folder.
                C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

Comment

Working...
                X