V card. PCI 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V card. PCI 2.0

ok so im getting new G card when the state wants to give my my 600$, im bout to buy 9800GTX. IT says its PCI 2.0, will i still be able to use it? i have DFI infinity p965-s Motherboard. at the moment im runing 8600GTS pcix16. will 2.0 still work?

Re: V card. PCI 2.0

It should, yes. Check with a local PC specialty store to be totally sure before you buy, or consult some PC tech forums.

I just put in a 9800GTX myself, and my motherboard only supports PCI-e (express).

As I understand it, cards that support PCI 2.0 still work with "regular" PCI-e boards. PCI 2.0 is just the newer, more efficient type of connector.

Comment

k so u have 9800GTX, will it MAX OUT this game in EVERY aspect? with good FPS and high res?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushhour33 View Post
        k so u have 9800GTX, will it MAX OUT this game in EVERY aspect? with good FPS and high res?
        Right now, I'm running at 1680x1050 rez, 4AA, max AF, specular map on, textures on "extra", and "soften smoke edges" OFF, and am getting an average of 70-80 fps. Very rarely will it dip to 60 or below (only with a lot of smoke/explosions/etc on screen at once).

Smoke edges eats up another 15-20 fps, with very little to show for it, IMO, so I turned it off. I'm very happy with this card so far...with my old card (x1950xt) I was running 1024 rez. Now, at 1680 rez, I can see enemies in the distance much better, and the game looks gorgeous with spec map, AA/AF, etc.

Comment

yeah i have the abit ip35 pro and i think it has regular pci express slots... and my 8800gt is fine

Comment

Originally posted by Rushhour33 View Post
            ps. if you're interested in knowing how it performs with Crysis, check out my posts in this thread: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=155643

Comment

PCI-E 2.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible with PCI-E 1.0 the only difference between the two me thinks, is the bandwidth 1.0 is X16 and 2.0 is double that which is X32. And yes the 98GTX will max out everything, i currently use my laptop as i am in Uni, and it mazes out everything on an 86GT on a 1024x768 rez. The rig is my sig pretty much maxes it out as well.

Comment

Working...
              X