Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Feature" List -

NB: May contain "possible" spoilers...

Ok this thread contains "features" and also some "tips" for Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA4) - I will update it as much as I can, but feel free to post anything I've missed/haven't discovered yet!
    1. In any of the fast cars (Turismo, Banshee etc) - If you hold accelerate + hold handbrake you'll eventually burn both your tires and they'll both pop/explode... usually not at the same time
    2. If you use a gun and manual aim at someone in a car whilst standing infront/to the side of the car, they'll get out (most of the time, other times they'll duck or reverse)
    3. You can sit down and watch TV whilst in your safe house
    4. You can pickup 'junk' from the floor, like if you knock a suitcase out of someones hand you can pick it up, you can then aim it and throw it at someone
    5. If you have 6 stars, it's pretty hard to evade, so go to the ocean and get a boat and just keep going south for ages, seems cops can't go too far away from the city, but you can go further, helicopters also work if you can find one
    6. If you notice a car with a passenger, shoot the passenger in the head, then go to take the dead guy out but cancel it so the door is oven, get in the drivers seat and drive fast and turn sharply the dead passenger will fly out rolling onto the road
    7. You don't lose any health when jumping off bridges into water
    8. If you have an assault gun, and 3 stars (helicopter should be after you) - You can 'snipe' the cop that's shooting out at you and he'll fall to his death, if you have the aim centered on him it'll follow him fall
    9. If someones about to open your car door, drive off but not too fast, they should have there hand stuck in the door and you can drag them for a bit, good fun if they end up under your back tires at full speed
    10. Whilst "drunk" driving, no matter how slow or fast you go, if a cop spots you he's after you...
    11. Cars don't explode if you flip them over
    12. When a car is heavily damaged, it'll start showing black smoke, and the next hit to the engine will stall the car and it won't start again
    13. Most parked cars are locked, but you'll end up smashing a window and setting the alarm off, then having to hotwire the car - double tap trigger buttons to hotwire faster if you're in a rush (tho it doesn't take long)
    14. When you have enemies to kill, you can shoot them in the hand and chest a few times (they'll have 1 bar left) but they won't be able to fight/shoot back so they'll stumble away, however it's always best to finish em off
    15. You can knock out someone faster if you push left analog stick and a mixture of the punchs together (not exactly sure how) but instead of having to punch someone 10 times, you'll knock em out in 3
    16. You can slow down insane jump sequences or speed them up with right analog stick
    17. You can't knife/punch a "flying rat" (hidden packages)
    18. If you crash into a wall, you'll leave a mark/dent (it doesn't stay/save)
    19. If you have a girlfriend, and you date her a few times, then buy some new shoes, she'll notice and ask if you bought new shoes, same for any other clothes
    20. If you're in the car with Little Jacob, he'll be smoking weed, and also if you switch the radio to The Beat, he'll say he loves this song (not sure if it happens only for certain songs)
    21. Crash into someone hard enough and they'll leave blood marks on the car, easiest way to do this is to crash into a wall with them inbetween
    22. You can use cinematic mode whilst in the back seat of a Taxi, you can switch slow mode on too, and to switch cameras use the right analog stick
    23. You can also aim your gun out and shoot someone, however the Taxi driver will stop the car and run away...
    24. Cops won't be able to arrest you if you flip your car upside down and stay inside
    25. When in a helicopter, fly close to a building so that the blades hit the building, enough damage on the blades and you'll start to get a warning beep then a few more hits and they'll "explode off, well not really an explosion but they just come off" leaving you to fall in the chopper
    26. Jumping off a crane to your death will show a different camera angle
    27. Use left analog when you are shown the short "5 second death greyscale sequence" up/down to zoom in/out. Use right analog stick to position the camera/move the camera around
    28. Jacking a fare/Grabbing someone out of the back of a taxi when it's stopped at a red light will not get you a wanted star
    29. Some 'old cars/dirty cars' will backfire when changing gears (shoots smoke/explodes out of exhaust pipe)
    30. You can give money to tramps, you just drop it on the floor ($5)
    31. If you crash into a vehicle at high speed with a heavy/large vehicle like one of the jeeps or an ambulance the other vehicle will go on fire and the driver will come out screaming on fire, the car will eventually blow up too
    32. If you place a grenade about a car's distance from an ambulance's side, maybe a bit more - you'll blow a large curve into the ambulance side and it looks awesome
    33. Getting 3 strikes in a row in bowling is called a Turkey (just incase no one knows)
    34. In Bowling, to get an easy strike, move the position left slighlty, then when you need to throw the ball, throw it as hard as you can but make sure you only move the stick down-up - don't press left or right whilst it's moving either, it should either: be a split if you threw too slow, leave you with 1 pin on the left/right if you didn't throw fast enough, or give you a strike, I'll need to work on this a bit more, but I think I could throw a perfect game
    35. In Pool, if you knock a ball off the table, it just counts as a "scratch" (foul) but the ball isn't reset/put back onto the table
    36. Gangs work together, as do random civilians, if you start a fight with a random civilian others will come to help the civilian, this also happens sometimes when you steal a car, another car might chase you - tho I think he only chased me since I shot the guy who I stole the car off
    37. The statue of happiness is holding a coffee cup instead of a torch
    38. You can pickup 'friends' using the helicopter and take them to strip clubs, restaurants etc. - however I haven't tried a bar yet, not sure how flying drunk would work
    39. Shoot the TV in your safe house and it won't work, so you won't be able to watch it
    40. Get in a helicopter and fly to the Statue of Happiness, then jump out of the helicopter at the statue's feet. You should land on the topmost tier of the statue, which is basically a square platform with a door in the center of each side. Run around the platform until you see a door with a plaque on either side of it that reads, "No Hidden Content Here." It may seem like you cannot go through the door, but you can-- it doesn't open, you simply walk THROUGH the door. Inside, you'll find an empty room with a tall ladder. Climb it, and when you reach the top, look up; there is a gigantic beating heart, held in place by chains.
    41. You cannot 'store' more then 2 vehicles in the Residents Parking Space outside your safehouse.
    42. When you are low on energy, and in the middle of no-where. Call 911, select 2 (for paramedics) to call ambulance to come fix you up. It costs up to about $1000 depending on how hurt you are.
    43. If you crash your car, and the engine won't start. Call 911 and it will start again.
    44. Pickup a hooker, and drive her to a dark alley or somewhere off road. She will offer you 3 types of "enjoyment" costing $20, $50 and $70.

Re: "Feature" List -

i played GTA 4 for about 2 hours and noticed some of these but i expected them cause of trailers and little leaks

Comment

Sounds awesome, I think I'll pick up a copy tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Kodak View Post
        Sounds awesome, I think I'll pick up a copy tomorrow
        lucky for you!! its completley sold out here

Comment

Sike, I'm picking up a copy of Xbox Live Gold as well, so we can play online once you get a copy

Comment

If your looking for a sick firefight that will get you from 1 Star to 5 Stars easy, this is where you go...

Load up on Weapons, Health and Armor if you can, enter the Hospital on the 1st Island. (That Hospital is accessable; the waiting room). Go to the back and hide behind the wall at the corner so your peeking out looking at the entrance. Start killing the people in the waiting room, many will try to run out, cops will begin to come. Either free-fire or lock on and shoot cops as they come in. They will try to run in and hide behind the secretaries desk. Keep shooting them! When you get to 4 Star/5 Star, they bring in M4's with Armored SWAT and it becomes harder. I lasted a solid 20 minutes before they over ran me and shotgunned me in the face. lol

Comment

Updated a bit...

Comment

This is a really awesome thread!

Comment

*Don't beat up a random civilian on the street for hotdog money. Other people will join in and beat the crap out of you.

True story.

Comment

The Statue of Happyness isn't holding a torch, it's holding a cup of coffee.

Comment

Find the Helicopter Tours (which is directly east of Happiness Island) and steal a helicopter. Fly to Happiness Island and over the Statue of Liberty, then jump out of the helicopter at the statue's feet. You should land on the topmost tier of the statue, which is basically a square platform with a door in the center of each side. Run around the platform until you see a door with a plaque on either side of it that reads, "No Hidden Content Here." It may seem like you cannot go through the door, but you can-- it doesn't open, you simply walk THROUGH the door. Inside, you'll find an empty room with a tall ladder. Climb it, and when you reach the top, look up; there is a gigantic beating heart, held in place by chains.

Comment

Updated a bit more, changed bullet points to numbers to easily see if any has been added...

Comment

Number 40???

Comment

Yea, I haven't tried it out but it's known by many others, might get time tomorrow to try it out...

Comment

Few things what isn't on the list.

When you are low on energy, and middle of no-where. Call 911, select 2(for paramedics) to call ambulance to fix you up. It cost's lot of money(900+ $ is my most expensive) but it can save your life...

If you crash your car, and the engine won't start. Call 911 and it should start again. (not sure if this works, i just saw it on GameSpot. I'll report back when i try it)

Comment

Working...
                              X