Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on IO with 1.50 coming..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on IO with 1.50 coming..

What do you think about the IO option coming on some maps with patch 1.50?

Re: What are your thoughts on IO with 1.50 coming..

T3h sux, I like 2142 how it is...

Camp G will be hell without the use of FAVs...

Comment

I always loved 2142 for not having a I/O mode because it's so much fun to walker whore/ruin silly walker whores fun The FAV's must stay though imo, otherwise PAC will have a damn trouble getting past the first cappable in both CG and Carebear...

Still sceptical...

Comment

I think they should have separate, dedicated maps for IO. Like Frontlines, Street is IO 100% of the time, and the other maps have vehicles.

Comment

It's not the huge problem as some people predict it to be. It's perfectly possible for Pac to get beyond the first flags on Camp and Cerebere provided they have a clue, its not necessary to rely on Fav whoring.

It makes it easier, yes.. but i happen to hate those back capping fav troopers, so maybe this will turn out to be a blessing. As for the walkers on those maps, they aren't needed either, though they can provide valueable support when capping Harbor for Pac.

We'll see, i'm sure server owners can make up their minds.

Comment

I always thought Fall of Berlin was totally broken by the APC.

Walkers on Camp G are just annoying. i've gotten plenty of walker kills but got bored with it. i realize that the walker and cars gives importance to the engineer class in that map when otherwise there would be none but then theres maps like highway tampa and suez where infantry arent as useful also.

Belgrade would also be a much funner map without the APC and tank i dont mind having a few cars and a walker just get rid of the APC and tank.

16 player Verdun, otherwise being an awsome infantry map is gimped heavily by the skilless APC that respawns every minute after it gets destroyed

everyone plays campG because of the annoying vehicles that are littered on the other potentially good maps.

when i think IO i would just think to not have armor and just have some cars. I always thought having 2 favs in place of the APC would be better imo.

Yeah i like this option mainly for getting rid of APCs. because i like infantry but then APCs are made for raping infantry. you see the conflict here

Comment

It's all good. Another style of gameplay. Anything that brings a little variety is a good thing imo. Plus I'm sure that of the million or so servers running Camp G 24/7 there will still be mech ones to play on.

Comment

An answer to something that was never asked. It worked for BF2 because the vehicle to infantry balance was utterly dreadful but 2142 doesn't suffer from this. I honestly can't remember a single person ever wanting IO in 2142.

That being said, I've always considered the APC rockets to be stupidly powerful against infantry so I guess it might make maps such as berlin playable AND enjoyable.

However, I would rather they balance the APC than simply strike all vehicles out completely.

Buuuut then again, I find all the conquest only maps to be complete crap and only play titan so I doubt it'll affect me one way or another

Comment

Never asked!

What about the many many servers that already run IO unofficially?

Comment

if you want IO, go play COD4 or CS. BF was made for vehicular combat! yes i'm a BF purist.

Comment

I mean, it doesn't HURT to have IO. If people really don't like it, they won't play on the servers that run it and the servers will just switch it off. And no one has any ideas on what maps IO will be activated. Or whether IO will ever affect FAVs. Just let it come. There are some maps that would benefit from an IO setting so just wait and see.

Comment

yeah like Fall of Berlin and 8v8 verdun

Comment

Well IO will certainly take the guess work out of where to spawn as EU on Gib. Since you know the enemy can't go zooming past Harbour there's no reason to spawn at toll and lay mines/RDX in wait for the FAV, nor do you need to spawn at EU base to grab your own walker, so it's a lot less difficult to decide the best place to spawn. Just spawn at Harbour and let the PAC walk into the meatgrinder.

Personally I thought IO was a stupid idea in BF2 and it's not that bright of one here. In BF2 especially since the vehicles - at least the ground vehicles - were fairly easy to deal with provided your team wasn't full of numbskulls (which was rare, especially on pointwhore...err...'city' maps ). The walker in 2142 is harder to take out using AV rockets than any ground vehicle in BF2, but in BF2 there were no motion mines or Rorsch railguns. I guess I don't really see why IO is needed in BF2142, but meh.

I will say, however, that even though I'm almost as much of a BF purist as Minmaster, I certainly won't be sad to see the APCs go on Berlin. No ground vehicle in BF2 had the wtfpwninfantry capability of the APC in BF2142 and to put a vehicle like that on a city map in the first place is just boneheaded.

~Wolfgang

Comment

the problem with APC on berlin isn't the APC, it's the incredibly overpowered mortar rounds that have a crazy splash damage range. seriously those rounds need to be nerfed.

Comment

I think it will be good because then i dont have to worry bout some n00b sittin in the walker the entire game. so i play IO alot!

Comment

Working...
                              X