Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you install Deluxe in order to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you install Deluxe in order to work?

I'm about to go buy battlefield 2142 deluxe in order to play northern strike, but i heard alot that its hard for it to get working...meaing northern strike...so how do i install it so it all works nice and clean

and do you have to still get the 1.40 patch along with it?

Re: How do you install Deluxe in order to work?

bump, i just got the game

Comment

Normally it would be:
      BF2142
      1.40 patch
      NS
      1.40 patch

It depends if the game on the dvd is already patched, but you will know by all the red servers.

Comment

I installed Deluxe then try to install the patch. I get message "BF2142 has new patch" (Somthing like that). Not able to install patch, not if deluxe needs it.

Comment

yeah viscious you dont need the patch for the deluxe version *that is what i believe so but for the bf2 complete edition you need to patch*, so it mainly depends if there is a patch file included in the dvd.

But there a 1.5 patch for bf2142 in the development from dice but that probably going to take some time since there working on battlefield bad company and battlefield heroes at the same time and now this patch but it probably like a small team working on it. as there always be mix signals on stuff coming from ea or dice

Comment

I just installed, but it wont let me activate the Northern Strike add on, says that key is already in use. Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Only way is contacting EA. Went through hell with it. Although EA moved my BF2142 account to Deluxe. Although now, I can play the NS stuff. But problems arrise. I also went through updating my system with hardware (Video Card, Sound Car, bigger HD (160 GB to 250 GB), thinking it was the new problems. Not even, and Now the EA server is acting up. I should have stayed with BF2142 and should not have thought about the deluxe, and waited for only the Northern Strike DVD (prob not going to happen). EA is killing the game. I am debating it is a marketting ploy to get people to buy their latests.

Comment

Working...
              X