Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do people still play this game (serious question)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do people still play this game (serious question)?

I still play, until BF3 I will =D Vista users are getting a supercool problem from PB now called "Ignoring Queries" when it sends you nothing. Still trying to fix it, and no prevail gonna keep updating for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by x + 95 = 4x - 10 View Post
      ok thanks but what about the ea download fee... is that true?
      I can still download mine. I got it the day it came out. I can also still download NS and I never paid extra

Comment

I once stopped playing 2142 because I thought it sucked, and attempted to move on to other online FPSes.

I returned.

The other games were worse.

Comment

Yea that whole fee if you don't download went down the drain me thinks, a couple if weeks ago I re-dowloaded NS for the first time, got nothing.

Comment

i spent 20 hours today not playing it... i want to get that down to 8 hours, as soon as i find a way to play while driving and showering.

Comment

This game actually got slightly more fun with my newly gained FPS skills.

Comment

Well I am installing it on my new syytem. I hope there are still some servers up. It has been about six months since I last played.

Comment

Lots of servers, mate. But that also depends on where you live. I heard that Australians see less servers than Europeans, for example. But then again its up to you if you can live with pings past 200.

Comment

I have had it as a favorite for some time now and I don't see that changing any time soon, in fact when I get a Mac, I'' buy the Mac version of this game.

Comment

yeah ive played a bit of UT2004, CSS and CoD4, this game is easily my favorite and im still not bored after this many hours

Comment

2142 is a great game my community conflict 2142 have a tournament and MOD take a look http://forums.cf2142.com

Comment

There's still quite a few servers, but many are clan ones which I'm never 100% keen on, although I have found the odd excellent one here and there.

It's a shame, but since patch 1.4 and the removal of pod-surfing I've noticed a massive decline in the number of servers, and what you're left with is the crap at the bottom of the barrel.

Hoping patch 1.5 revives the game and we get some decent servers back, I don't know many servers so I tend to play on the old ones that are still around (i.e. Timeless servers), but they're pretty cack and poorly admined!

Comment

I don't know how many people here actually like all of what 2142 has to offer or that they just simply like being an assault in camp G.

Ok, while I admit that I don't play any of the large conquest maps, but that's mainly because there aren't many australian servers around and that their large conquest maps are always deserted. But I try to play all maps and use all the kits and vehicles to their full capability. That's probably what helped keep my interest in the game, by not playing certain parts of it to death.

I just feel that you can't really say that you play 2142 if you simply stick with a single kit on a single map. It's like saying that you don't really play WC3:FT if you only play DotA all the time.

oh well, enough of my ranting

Comment

i still play but during the weekends

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy View Post
                                There's still quite a few servers, but many are clan ones which I'm never 100% keen on, although I have found the odd excellent one here and there.

It's a shame, but since patch 1.4 and the removal of pod-surfing I've noticed a massive decline in the number of servers, and what you're left with is the crap at the bottom of the barrel.

Hoping patch 1.5 revives the game and we get some decent servers back, I don't know many servers so I tend to play on the old ones that are still around (i.e. Timeless servers), but they're pretty cack and poorly admined!
                                At http://forums.cf2142.com we have our own 64 man ranked server that also play titan as 64 man as well, we are a tournament with a fantastic mod all you have to is join the forum and thats it, we would love you to join the tournament but if you just want the cf2142 Mod then you can play it on our other servers and it has now got easier to install and now has a map pack so see the mod that you have all been waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                                X