Logitech G5 mouse issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G5 mouse issue

For some unknown reason my Logitech G5 mouse will not recognize its assigned keystrokes within the game Battlefield 2 on my new PC anymore. They have worked recently but suddenly stopped.

Keystroke assignments are:-

Scroll wheel DOWN = Button #1
    Scroll wheel LEFT = Button #4
    Scroll wheel RIGHT = Button #3
    Front side button = Button #2
    Back side button = Button #NUM2

The mouse is working fine if I use the keystrokes in Notepad and even if I use the mouse within Battlefield 2 on my other computer.
    I have downloaded the latest driver software from Logitech, uninstalled both the software and Battlefield 2 and re-installed them but the problem remains.

I have now downloaded and installed Call Of Duty 4 demo. The assigned keystrokes work fine within that game without any alterations.

So, why won't my G5 mouse assigned keystrokes work in BF2, is there some option that I don't know about?

I am now lost as what to do next. Any ideas please.
    I appreciate any replies.
    Thank you.

Re: Logitech G5 mouse issue

Check in set point setup, maybe its a software issue.

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem. I have no problems in other games but When I play bf2 the sensitivity setting will change to it's slowest setting when in game. Keep in mind that I have win xp 32 bit, the latest Logitech drivers and software and all the Logitech settings are set to their defaults, no changes. The mouse has 2 thumb buttons, a small one towards the front and a larger one behind it. I cannot assign the smaller button to any kind of function in the BF2 control section in the game, also If I hit the smaller one it will set the sensitivity to its slowest setting and it will stay there. If I hit the default sensitivity increase button to fix it, it will not work. I have to hit the default sensitivity decrease button 2 times in order to clear it, and then it works fine. But if I hit that small one towards the front, it happens all over again.

The mouse has three sensitivity Lights on it and you can see them change when all this is happening. The only way I can get it to work correctly is to close the Logitech control panel, then I can assign the smaller button to any kind of function and the sensitivity controls work. There is definitely some kind of software conflict.

Comment

Update: Give this site a try It fixed it for me

Comment

Working...
        X