Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving my Profile

Hey,

im just about to re-formatt my hdd and reinstall Vista.. however i dont want to lose all my progress in CoD4 Multiplayer... is there a way i can save it?

if i just save my whole Programs File (x86) to an external will that be ok?

Re: Saving my Profile

You don't need to save the entire Programs file. Just save this directory:

...\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

All of your SP and MP data is stored in the Profiles folder. Some people have tried to save smaller files within that folder, but it doesn't always work. If you save the whole thing, you should be safe.

Comment

ARRggghhh!! ok so i just reformatted my hdd and installed vista and cod 4... i then went to my external HDD and cut and pasted the whole lot of files into the new version.. however when i start multiplayer and i select my profile which is there.. im lvl 1!!! what has happend?? what do i do??? please help meh!!

this is the directory..

C:\bens\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

thats what i copied and pasted into my new cod4 folder...

Comment

Try this:
        - keep your original backup copy wherever it is (ie. desktop)
        - in your newly installed COD4 directory, delete the ../players/profiles folder.
        - start up COD4, make a new profile, start a SP mission, exit, then go into MP, join a server and play a min or so, exit out of the game
        - now, go into your original backup copy, and just copy the profiles folder. Paste that over the existing profiles folder in the newly installed directory.

See if that works. Also, check to see if it saved your stats (kills, deaths, etc) even if it puts you back to lvl 1 again. Others have reported this issue from time to time.

Comment

okies i just tried that then and it still doesn't work :cry:

i deleted the profiles folder and when i opened the game my profile was still there

but i played both a single and a multi player game anyway and then tried it again after re-pasting the profiles folder but the same thing happens....

Comment

Try going into the directory and checking that the mpdata file is there.

Try copy and pasting the mpdata file into your profile from the backup.

It could be the case of the mpdata file being renamed. In order for the game to load your stats it needs to be called mpdata .

Comment

New folder on the left... Original folder on the right.....

Comment

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx View Post
                okies i just tried that then and it still doesn't work :cry:
                Forgot that you're using Vista...

try this pathway, and see if there is another players/profiles folder in there:

../user/<your name>/app data/virtual store/cod4/

If there is, copy/paste into that location instead.

Comment

ok i just went to..

C:\Users\Ben\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\xX5N1P3RXx

and my profile is there

this is a screen shot of whats in the profile (xX5N1P3RXx) folder

Comment

I would try deleting the Profiles folder from both the "regular" location, and the "virtualstore" location, then paste your backup into the virtualstore location.

If that doesn't work, then you may be out of luck. Copy/pasting works for most people, but errors can creep in here and there. If you don't want to spend time unlocking everything again, a quick Google search and you can find "ways" to do it.

Comment

:cry: that didn't work

ohh man looks like im going to have to do all that again.. well thanks heaps for all the help anyway .. seems my bad luck has prevailed me once again..

EDIT: ok good news.. i just went onto my stepdads pc.. and copied my other profile off his computer.. both the profile files from the user folder and the profile folders from just the (x86) programs folder and pasted into my computer and it works its only lvl 34 but ateast i dont have to start again YAY! :yay:

Comment

Working...
                      X