Reinstalling the game / Player stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstalling the game / Player stats

I had to format my computer and lost my COD4 install, is it like bf2 /2142 and saves my player stats and unlocks online?

if i reinstall the game will my recent unlocks and current rank be available or is it stored locally and im screwed? :salute:

Re: Reinstalling the game / Player stats

Screwed unfortunately

Comment

Sorry, you would need to backup your player stats before you get rid of the game off your hard drive. Sadly, you've lost your stats

Comment

im in luck, i was going through back ups i made and i do have a backup but just not the latest so atleast i dont need to start from scratch

but seriously thats a pretty lame way of keeping player profiles, does that mean technically one could hack/edit the player profile to get every unlock?

Comment

Originally posted by absoluteczech
          does that mean technically one could hack/edit the player profile to get every unlock?
          Yes, but it's pointless. It takes an average player under 50 total hrs to unlock everything (except maybe the gold weapon skins). The vast majority of people playing the game right now are level 55, with everything unlocked. If you "cheat" at this, you only deny yourself some fun.

Stats are stored locally on your HDD so that playing online is cheaper - no "preferred partner" servers that have to protect your stats, as in BF, which charge more per slot than unranked servers.

Comment

Yeah, they did it for the lack of Stat Padders and so Server Admins can actually afford more than 1 server and at a good cost none the less. You'd be amazed at the lack of Stat Padders in COD4 compared to say, BF2 due to once they get to 55, theres really nothing else to prove to other gamers. And since it seems 75% of the Call of Duty 4 players are at Level 55... the game becomes playing for fun, not for stats

Comment

good stuff, makes sense

Comment

Working...
              X