Ram Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Q

ok i was thinking i should have 4GB available memory on my comp after purchasing this item.

Buy G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

and then combining it with the memory that i already had installed

i read that windowsXP home edition will register up to 4GB of RAM. i found out you have to have the RAM in pairs and put the same ram with the same color slots cause its dual channel or something..ok i did that. i go into the BIOS and it says i have 4GB ram installed but then when i look at my system specs it says that i only have 3.25GB(?)

the Gskill ram is pc6400 and the Crucial ram is pc4200 and it says that my comp supports 5300 and 4200 speeds so is that the reason why it only sees 3.25GB? or is it that some of my other peripherals and pagefile are taking up memory? the only other stuff i got plugged up is the pcix16 slot for that 7900gs

caus the way it went its like i got 25% of what i paid for....

i heard mixing ram speeds is not good but other than ram speed incompatiblity what on earth would caus me to not see the full 4GB. I WANT 4GB! lol

Re: Ram Q

A 32bit system can only see 4 GB total. This includes video memory and etc. You need a 64bit OS to use all 4GB

3.25GB seen is normal for a 32bit OS and 4GB of ram

Comment

Re: Ram Q

ok thats good so at least i know pretty much for sure that i didnt make some mistake. thanks namakan

Comment

Working...
      X