Sniping....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping....

Just a quick question, do you have to factor distance in at all while sniping? As in bullet speed or drop?

It seems like it's a laser at times, but other I'll swear I hit a guy in the head but I score a body shot.

Then again, I suck at sniping, yes even the easy TF2 sniping. The only class I can effectively snipe is....other snipers. And heavies of course. (Though their head does seem really small for some reason)

Any other class just moves too erratically for me. One half-decent scout can practically shut my sniping game down.

Re: Sniping....

No bullet drop and you very very rarely need to account for bullet speed. I've only found one custom map big enough

And yes most people know how to avoid snipers nowadays. Let people run into your line of fire instead of trying to dragshot people

Comment

Would that happen to be one of the Orange_X maps?

Or perhaps that bridge one......I'm tempted to call it Bridge_crossing but I know that's not it. (You'd understand if you've ever played America's Army )

Comment

Orange_X is awesome for sniping But nah you don't have to account for bullet travel time there unless you have a massive ping!

That bridge one (if we're talking about the same thing) possibly. I haven't played sniper on that map, scout is way to fun.

Comment

Are you talking about 2fort when you say the bridge one?!

Comment

nah its very much point and click, Sniper in tf2 is an easy class to play thus why I hate them so much, if a sniper is getting to big for their own boots, I whack on the class and do some pop up heasdshotting

most of the time its the hitboxes that mess things up, hitting the scout or medic is always easier head on that if they are strafing

Comment

¬_¬ Damn crudshifter

Comment

Comment

11 hours as Sniper thats dirty

Comment

It's rather fun to just walk around with the sniper rifle and do noscopes It's dead on accurate

Comment

I've never been able to headshot scout. I've killed plenty trying to come accross the bridge on 2fort, but I can never seem to get a headshot.

The slower classes are (obviously) always easier to get but most experienced players know to never stand still. I go for the easy targets instead.

I always try to set my self up on maps where I can hit them as they come around a corner (That one spot in dustbowl is good I think).

Comment

Originally posted by so1id sn@ke
                        I'm tempted to call it Bridge_crossing but I know that's not it. (You'd understand if you've ever played America's Army )
                        Haha, that was my favorite map before i discovered CSS and AA got uninstalled from my comp :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
                          Orange_X is awesome for sniping But nah you don't have to account for bullet travel time there unless you have a massive ping!

That bridge one (if we're talking about the same thing) possibly. I haven't played sniper on that map, scout is way to fun.
                          Well, my ping is normally 70-90 on a nice, close server. Otherwise it's 110-135.

Yes that bridge lvl is an awesome scout map (lazytown & cavin are very nice as well), There a deceptive amount of cover, which makes it easy to sneak around, but it's large as well, so spies take forever. Thus, the scout reigns supreme.

Originally posted by Hawkers View Post
                          Are you talking about 2fort when you say the bridge one?!
                          No. It has a deep valley with a bridge high above.

Originally posted by SoXX View Post
                          Haha, that was my favorite map before i discovered CSS and AA got uninstalled from my comp :laugh:
                          Oh yes, I remember spamming whole clips down that fricken bridge......then we'd move in and get mowed down by campers.

Comment

Working...
                          X