Xbox 360 Live Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Live Setup

I have been looking around for a good manual or document on the net but i simply cant find one. I would really like to set up my 360 to go Live so i can join in with the BF:BC beta/ I have a 1 month Gold card so that isnt a problem.

I was just hoping if anyone here could help me set it up or point me in the direction of a good manual on how to do it.

Thanks, Elim.

Re: Xbox 360 Live Setup

Really all you have to do is plug the Ethernet cable into your X360 and run it to the modem or router. Then start up the X360 and it will probably ask you for registration and all of that. If I'm correct, it should also ask you for a membership code, not sure though - but there's an option to enter it. After that, simply sign into your account and it should automatically connect you to XBL.

If you're using a router it might block access to servers or even XBL. Try looking through the router manual and open the ports for XBL, which can be found on the X360 website. You can also call your router company if anything and ask them to open them for you, which is what I did.

I would recommend the router if you don't have one so you can have your PC and X360 connected to the internet at the same time.

Comment

well my PC is wireless as i have a wireless network card in my machine that talks to the router, so i would probs plug it into the back of my PC (Ethernet cable from the 360) and run XBL using the wireless, allowing me to have both connected simultaneously.

Comment

You should just be able to plug the X360 into the router with an Ethernet cable and it should work. Since you have wireless though, you can buy the wireless device for the X360 to run the X360 wireless as well. That should come with a manual and explain how to do it.

Comment

so i cant just plug the 360 into the back of my PC then and use the network card?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
            so i cant just plug the 360 into the back of my PC then and use the network card?

i have never tried that.. so i can't say for sure if it will work.. but ur best bet is to do what sam said and plug the ethernet cord directly from ur modem or router into the back of ur xbox.. now ur xbox will connect to the net and then u got to sign up ur gold membership in the xbox live tab (the tab on the far left) it will ask u for the number on ur xbox gold membership card.. u just type it in and ur set! comes on instantly..

Comment

couldnt get my router to speak to it so im going to have to buy some sort of wireless adapter for the 360 tomorrow apparently.

Comment

Choose your router there, it should tell you how to open up the ports that XBL needs.

(This is after you get everything connected, though.)

Comment

One month gold...fail.
                  One year **** YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by Polka View Post
                    One month gold...fail.
                    One year **** YEAH
                    i got it free though

Comment

Working...