TF2 "lag" problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF2 "lag" problem

On the forums(steam) lots of people share my 5 to 10 second total stop to action with audio loop. This is not hardware or internet problem and has recently been happening since April 1. I am sure this will get fixed but i was wondering anyone in this much smaller forum has this problem.ps don't post some stuff where you say you should upgrade and blah blah bs .

Re: TF2 "lag" problem

are you sure its not from playing on servers where you have a massive ping?

I've experienced lag twice in the whole time I've been gaming and they weren't due to my ping, PC specs, or internet speed. But that's it.

Comment

the audio looping bug where it owns your game totally?

I used to have that, I had it about 5 times, it was something to do with my VGA driver having a stroke, cant remember what I did (dont think I did anything) but it diseappeared

Comment

I've gotten it, can't say commonly though. Usually accompanied by lag spikes in the server, so it might be a server-side problem with the latest patch or something.

On an unrelated note: I just noticed we all have the same "rank" under our names lol.

Do those still change with post count? I heard they got broken in the OT merge.

Comment

only happens when i join a server

Comment

Originally posted by so1id sn@ke View Post
            Do those still change with post count? I heard they got broken in the OT merge.
            They still work, but you don't get a new rank between 1000 and 2000 posts

I've gotten the sound loop bug a few times but it usually fixes itself after a few seconds or so. Haven't had it for a long time now though.

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
              They still work, but you don't get a new rank between 1000 and 2000 posts

I've gotten the sound loop bug a few times but it usually fixes itself after a few seconds or so. Haven't had it for a long time now though.
              Lieutenant Colonel ftw then.

Sounds like majority of the stories here, including mine. I had one of those loops in the middle of a firefight today.

Luckily I was a spy, so nobody shot me.

Comment

Yes I get this, accually every 15 seconds it freezes up, then goes back to normal play; normal FPS. I just bought this, installed, steam updated automatically, I defragged. Then no matter what resolution or video/audio setting I use I still get this. native @ 1600x1050

Haven't even had the chance to play because of the freezes.
                It probably isn't lag, as I've tried multiple low ping servers.
                Its obviously something on my end I just can't figure it out.

Might be the HD as its getting old?
                Might be CPU drivers as its been awhile since updated?
                I did just get a new monitor(CRT to 22" LCD) but the driver auto detects.

AMD Athlon64 +4000 @ 2.4 ghz (single core)
                XFX 7800GTX
                2g DDR 400mhz
                Audiology SC--updated drivers
                - Win XP home sp2 = fully updated
                - latest nvidia drivers
                - latest chipset drivers

Comment

Idk, but this problem got a whole lot worse for me today, there was at least one freeze every hour.

After one particularly long one, I asked "Is anyone else getting lag spikes?"

"No"

*Ten minutes later, someone else asks...*

"Hey is anyone lagging? I'm freezing up"

So it appears to be a common problem.

Comment

I will clarify that it is a very constant frame rate drop. No it isn't a lag spike i should have specified this. I have even started my own server and had this frame rate drop all the way from 60 to 0. It seems to follow a rhythm sorta and i have tried almost every thing i can think of reinstalling,lowering settings, scanning pc with multiple virus/spy ware scanners,etc looking over the forum(steam) with people with similar problems.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Steam Support?

Comment

Originally posted by Twlight View Post
                        Have you tried contacting Steam Support?
                        Well no since i find that even the best company's support is usually not spectacular but i also am not sure how if you could tell me how to. Also id like to add that other games i play like cod4,company of heroes, don't have this frame rate drop and theres a white kind of stripe character glitch on the left side of head on characters to hand to leg which has happened the time when the drop to my frame rate of 60 to 0 seemed to worsen to unplayable.

Comment

Working...
                        X