BF2 Name Hack Buster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Name Hack Buster

It queries all the players on the server, and displays their in game name (the name being used in the server) and their Gamespy nick (their real name).

Go find those name spoofers

EDIT: LOL. Im on the list. Some cheeky person name hacked me

Re: BF2 Name Hack Buster

Whoa. That's amazing.

I wonder if someone could modify that to work for 2142 as well... I suppose it'd be a bit more difficult as you use your EA nick to login there.

Comment

I did laugh at the fact that myself, and two other clan members are on the "wall of shame". Apparently we got caught playing as "|" and "*".

Obviously, the namehack also covers your real name as well

Comment

If it can spoof your GUID, I can see how it would do that.

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

This is an interesting find.

I dont see any problem with taking it over to 2142 as they are very much the same game.

Comment

Yes. I'm the infamous Raycaster, author of this tool.

Alex,

I had thought I had squashed a bug that was causing a name like 'NOOB | Raycaster' to be parsed as clan tag = 'NOOB' and the player name as '|'. Tonight's update actually does fix that. It will now correctly parse the clan tag and player name. I've removed the false reports and your entries. If there are others that you know of can you open a ticket with the names at my project at assembla (url below).

I've also put some fixes in place that handle when one or more of the UDP response packets get dropped. This is where users had no name. These entries have also been cleaned out.

I am still in the process of cleaning out the incorrect server reports (unless they contain a hacker in addition to a incorrect catch).

I'm glad folks mostly like the tool and get some use out of it. I must be doing something right as now I have these hacks harassing me including one who is name hacking with my name.

Bugs or reports that need to be investigated can be reported to my assembla project for the tool: http://trac2.assembla.com/hackbuster/

Comment

Nice work Raycaster.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I actually got to use this tool tonight. Unfortunately I caught someone namehacking tgn member *BS*Gun_Slinger

I wonder why they chose his account considering he hasn't played bf2 in 6 months.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Speaking of Gun_Slinger, any news on his condition?

Comment

nope. I just happened to notice him playing tonight when i looked at my bf2s leader board. But since its doesn't tell you which server they are on, I had to manually look it up. thats when I found he was being name hacked.

I was hoping he or his son was on so I could get an update. I searched all over for an email address for him and found one listed on his old clan site and emailed him months ago - but got no response. Maybe a tgn admin could look it up and PM it to me.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

I doubt it will help, Im willing to bet the e-mail adresses are the same and I dont think his family has access to his inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                          http://www.raycaster.info/hackbuster/index.php

It queries all the players on the server, and displays their in game name (the name being used in the server) and their Gamespy nick (their real name).

Go find those name spoofers

EDIT: LOL. Im on the list. Some cheeky person name hacked me
                          Hint.. his name is Kodak

HAHAH jk

Comment

He posted a new version on his website recently. I love this software, Thank you Raycaster. I wonder what would happened if all the server admins would start running the software; I bet the cheat users would get P.O.

This is probably the last version that I'll be doing unless I can think of some important additions.

What's new is the ability to choose to rescan a server every two minutes. You can also choose to have a sound alert played when a name hack is found. The volume is also adjustable. To see how loud a particular level is, just hit the test button next to the drop down.

This release also contains the bug fixes that I posted about a few days ago.

You may download the new version here.

Remember that your hosting provider must have MySQL, PHP5, and allow fsockopen to make TCP port 80 and UDP connections.

Well that's it for now. Enjoy.

Comment

This works for Battlefield 2 but not Battlefield 2142? Any chance you'll be making a version for that game as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X