Post your Performance Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your Performance Report

Thats godammit it, it is time to educate some of you on the complexities of the pyro

Apparently the flamethrower doesnt require aim! But hell in this game there is very little that requires thus, the demo stickies, the soldiers rocket launcher, even the ****ing sniper rifle is as easy to use as a train set

It is a hell of a lot easier to plow someone under with the stickies or rocket launcher than it is to a) get close enough to the class b) then set fire to the class

and then you have to go through the trouble of the broken flamethrower physics. And how long do pyros last in combat? The only way I got those 59points/47kills was because it was after the medic update and I had plenty of whores to uber me, honestly the vast majority of those kills were from uber runs, the rest were because I actually know that in most situations pyros are incinerated before they can deal real damage.

Most pyro encounters occur as such

Pyro runs at guy, usually with flamethrower, smart people however will usually use the shotgun as the mid range gun.

Soldiers/demo etc brain takes a few seconds to calculate what to do

BINGO LETS SHOOT THE FLOOR. In order to deal real damage (and not just leave someone to burn to death) the pyro has to get close, real close and in that situation there is nothing stopping any number of smacktards from mowing him

and what do you know Pyro is dead

The skill of the Pyro class is STAYING ALIVE, just getting 20 points as pyro in one life is extremely hard and very situational. The pyro is a class that requires brain and skill above most others, he is by no means easy. You have to know when and where to attack, the angle, the time etc. Lies spread by the nab soldiers/demos who like the status quo say otherwise of course

RANTOVER

Comment

I love you

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by
        I love you
        I concur.

Comment

Despite my affinity for Pyros I went on a nasty spree as soldier on mach today, employing Snyyppis tactics to stay alive I managed to equal my pyro record of 8 dominations in a life (including a very annoyed Crud who several times came to kill me as spy )

then fearing I would go above 47 kills in a life (was on 54 for 2 lol) I ventured out, getting plowed and taking a few more with me

If only I had broken 40 on my last Spy run Although breaking 40 for all the classes would be hard as...

Comment

Chris how do you stay alive, seriously, I need answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by View Post
              Chris how do you stay alive, seriously, I need answers.
              As far as I can see it changes with each class but it boils down to:
              Only move forward with a team mate and stay behind them as much as possible until you reach a good position, unless you know your team mates are already a head, this keeps him from getting taken by surprise around corners and such.
              Once the team mates around him are down keep fighting until you see 2 people after you, or at least 1 person who looks like they might be quite good, then fall back (read: run away) to the warm embrace of a medic, that is if a medic hasn't surgically grafted him self onto MrChris already.
              Only attacks with his team, or after them, and when there is a medic near by, unless his team mates are overwhelming them. Also when he has an uber.

These points could of been coincidence and only seem to happen when I see him, but I would guess that's how he plays. Also when I was on his team a few days ago playing Medic me and the other medic were healing him a lot of the times because he was the only one around us most of the time. O_o

He's a ****ing ***** to kill, you have to catch him off guard, which is hard to do. You can also get a crit when he's not looking at you, or a normal shot if he's on low health (which seems to be hardly ever).

Comment

I dominated Snyyppis on Monday evening.

Comment

Well it was Mach, staying alive on Mach is easy as long as you dont go outside with a bullseye painted on you for the snipers

But generally act as a demoman would, a spongy little tard whos always trying to range you. Of course it differs from class to class but like Dead says a medic humping you helps but I don't often get them

I got all the kills as soldier by plowing all the spies that cam to revenge me and camping basically, people came in the entrances to the base on mach and I would mow em, I got about 15 kills defending the intel at one point lol, they kept coming and I kept killing

But yes, dont go alone, you need teammates to back you up otherwise they will seperate you out and kill you off one by one. Be ready to attack but always be aware of where the medics are so you have a fall back position etc

Stop telling these nabs how to play scout Dead! Do you know how disastrous it would be if the competent scout population was to rise! My wrist would disintegrate!

Comment

I never said anything about scouts. <_< >_>
                    (It wasn't a great tip anyway)

Those are good tips, but I like how I play. You pick one target and you just go for them no matter what. Even if they run away through their whole team, just rocket/sticky/double jump over the rest of the team and get that one guy! I find it far more satisfying because you know that guy is pissed at you. It does have its draw back in that you get dominated a lot by the half decent players.

Comment

dam I must be imagining it, we cant let people learn how to play scout

I just tend to play within the limits of the class, while I enjoy the odd mad rocket jump to shovel someone i always enjoy killing people rather than being killed

and letting my medic burn to death!!!

(dont tell them that or i get no heals fap fap)

Comment

hmmm this lack of death is easier to attain than I first thought...most rounds now I seem to be tieing with my previous best, so now I just have to wait for the right opportunity then I shall have a much longer spree

Comment

Bah I go kamikaze too much to improve my old recs

I seriously can't beat my record of 14 points as soldier basically because I can't resist going rambo after 6 kills or so

Comment

Ignore the Medic one, I whored myself for that.

Comment

It must be nice to stay alive long enough to get high scores in a single life. :P

Comment

Improved my spy and scout scores rather a lot Now my spy stats are even more epic!

Comment

Working...
                                X