crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crashing

Hello, so ive played bf2 before on this computer and have not changed anything i ckick on the icon it goes to a black window then back to desktop whiout saying any error message, the strange thing its worked before but not today

plz help

Re: crashing

also i have vista

Comment

Vista runs BF2 fine...what are your other computer specs?

Comment

Iv had the same problem. I fixed it from updating my drivers and changing my DX shaders too 1.4 instead of overide in Rivertuner.

But i think drivers should work.

Comment

kk, ty how do you change the shaders,? if it does not help il get the specs too:salute:

Comment

The most common cause of this is your resolution refresh/rate being 'wrong'.
            The quickest fix is to delete the battlefield 2 folder in My documents, you will need to re-login and setup controls/video/audio etc.
            Or you can edit all the video.con files in the Profiles folder with notepad to 800x600@60Hz and then re-adjust it ingame.

Comment

Darn I got this error now but cant fix it but I ran the game in windowed mode and got the error message!

Code:
              Debug Assertion Failed!
              Version:1.1( lots of numbers........)
              Module: RendDX9
              File:D:\Aphrodite\BF2_1.41\Code\BF2\RendDX9\TextureManager.cpp
              Line:761

Text: Texture not found: common/textures/lightning
              Do you get this error?
              To get error reports
              Change your bf2 shortcut properties.
              And goto Target put this in
              Code:
              "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0
              You can change it back from putting this in
              Code:
              "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

Comment

At the OP, delete your video.con files in my documents for all your BF2 profiles.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Originally posted by Sgt.Golled
                Darn I got this error now but cant fix it but I ran the game in windowed mode and got the error message!

Code:
                Debug Assertion Failed!
                Version:1.1( lots of numbers........)
                Module: RendDX9
                File:D:\Aphrodite\BF2_1.41\Code\BF2\RendDX9\TextureManager.cpp
                Line:761

Text: Texture not found: common/textures/lightning
                Do you get this error?
                To get error reports
                Change your bf2 shortcut properties.
                And goto Target put this in
                Code:
                "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0
                You can change it back from putting this in
                Code:
                "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
                Try reinstalling the game.

Comment

my problem is kind of like his. The thing is i just downloaded it and i have vista and i am running it on a laptop. Anyway, when i try to run the program it shows the bf2 logo and then goes to a black screen and then a few seconds later it goes to the desktop.
                  Here are the specs to my computer:

Processer: Genuine Intel(R) Cpu T280 @1.73 GHZ
                  Memory (Ram) 1014 MB
                  System Type 32-bit Operating System
                  DirectX 10
                  manufactered by: Hewlett-Packard
                  Model: HP Pavillion dv6000 (RV216UA#ABA

Comment

What graphics card is in that laptop? The Intel GMA 950 wont run BF2.

Comment

I have the intel Gma 950. So i won't be able to play battlfield 2 at all

Comment

Nope, you're SOL. The Pentium Dual-Core (T2XXX) is crap, in my opinion. Your laptop will never play BF2. Your graphics adapter can't run it.

To the original poster, try repatching before you reinstall BF2. That works sometimes.

Comment

Ok i tryed the video.con deleting and reinstalled 7 time and patched up and no luck and i tryed taking some ram out and then reinstallling but when i restarted when i put the RAM back in my grafic card dissipeared and cant get detected so really iv made problems over problems!!!!

But i think this bug is all grafics card related!!
                          Probley need a new computer for BF2 now this ones getting old ahrhara.
                          So im out of sugestions. Sorry if non of my posts helped GOOD luck with trying to fix it!

UPDATE DRIVERS Fixed me last time i had this and probley is the only fix

Golled

Comment

Working...
                          X