Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big problem with entering BF 2 servers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem with entering BF 2 servers...

Okey hello, i just bought BF 2 full game, i have some experience from demo ...
    Well, the problem is, that when i bought the game it said i can't enter any of the servers because i have an old version ... So i downloaded patch 4.1 and Highway Tampa Unranked Server + Highway Tampa Update ... I unpacked these too. Before i installed the new patch i could only enter to one server, now after installing it i can't even log in with an account! It throws me out from the game, please, i need help. I've reinstalled game too, tried lots of things. Maybe i should download 4.0 patch? All the help would be appreciated.

Re: Big problem with entering BF 2 servers...

Originally posted by Ragnar4 View Post
    Okey hello, i just bought BF 2 full game, i have some experience from demo ...
    Well, the problem is, that when i bought the game it said i can't enter any of the servers because i have an old version ... So i downloaded patch 4.1 and Highway Tampa Unranked Server + Highway Tampa Update ... I unpacked these too. Before i installed the new patch i could only enter to one server, now after installing it i can't even log in with an account! It throws me out from the game, please, i need help. I've reinstalled game too, tried lots of things. Maybe i should download 4.0 patch? All the help would be appreciated.
    thers only 1 patch 1.41

reinstall repatch and no problemo

and go to evenbalace.com to update PB (punkbuster)

Comment

Yea, my bad sorry, 1.41.
      What you mean by reinstalling "repatch"?

Comment

He means reapply the 1.41 patch. It's best not to touch the BF2 files after patching as it gets very touchy.

If nothing else, your best bet is to do a clean reinstall.

Comment

No error, just the connecting message and after that the game closes...

Sorry for double, but what does reapply mean? My english isn't very good so i don't know all the words... I think i managed to update my PB.

What i must do? When i unistall my game and reinstall then i can enter again to that "friends server", but as soon as i install the new patch i won't be able to log in... I'm so upset ffs...

Comment

check ur firewall, the same thing happen to me long time ago...

Comment

It means install the game, then install everything else you want (PunkBuster, DirectX9, Tampa, whatever), then install patch 1.41 last ...and if for some reason you install something else, then re-install patch 1.41 again.

If you cant get on your friends server, he may not be running the same version as patch 1.41, it may be something else. Which means you can install the version he is running (none, 1.3, or 1.4) and stop there, or install 1.41 and play all the others. Either way, to get on a certain server, you must have the same version.

My next question would be if you are sure your computer can play BF2 ...does it meet minimum requirements? If yes, you should be ready. If it still crashes, you may need to do some video card, sound card, or other hardware driver updating.

Comment

Well i had 3 months no problems with demo version ... I have only 9 months old pc. But when i click on the "Nvidia drivers" then it said: "Nvidia setup could not find any drivers that are compatible with your hardware...".

Comment

Whats your PC specs?

Comment

Sorry but where i can check these?

Comment

Ffs, even patch 1.4 doesn't work...

Comment

Would someone who could help me add to MSN please? My adress is ragnar4@hot.ee

Comment

Working...
                        X