Tactile Feedback Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactile Feedback Coming Soon

The Novint Falcon is a great idea that lacks wide software support. With EA …

It's interesting that the feature BF2142 in the image...

The company's response? Sign up EA for Falcon support. Novint will soon be selling some of the EA's largest franchises through its online store, complete with the high-end haptics effects that Falcon integration brings. Games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08, Madden '08, NBA Live '08, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and Need For Street ProStreet will be coming to the NVeNT front end. This is a huge step up from the somewhat generic golf and racing games available for the hardware now, and it shows the caliber of support Falcon owners can expect in the future. So how does a small company like Novint convince one of the biggest publishers to give its PC peripheral so much support? The answer lies in an innovative business idea called 3D Touch Rights.

Re: Tactile Feedback Coming Soon

so what does it do all they seem to talk about is EA supporting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsly
      so what does it do all they seem to talk about is EA supporting it.
      Check the second page:

All for under $100 price target...

Comment

Quite a fascinating business model they developed. That's some innovative thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
          Quite a fascinating business model they developed. That's some innovative thinking.
          Yah. It actually seems practical. And they are definitely targeting the mainstream market, which is really good. I definitely look forward to it, even if I don't play using the haptic full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian
            Check the second page:

All for under $100 price target...

WTF is that thing? Ok i do see some guy with a rifle on the screen but seriously is that the future gaming mouse? haha

Comment

It's like a mouse designed for FPS...you just move it around and the gun in game will move too. Maybe not just FPS, other games too perhaps, but that grip looks like a gun's hold. I think it'll also simulate recoil. Not sure, saw it on a gamespot video a while ago, pretty cool peripheral though.

Comment

Haptic wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haptic#Games

Yes, this is a new type of an input device we've heard of before. The thing is about this paticular device is its the next generation of "force-feedback" input... one we might actually see implemented.

They've got a business model which poses no risk to the game developer, but allows for a substantial number of games to be adapted to use this controller (and others). So far, they've landed some major accounts and it looks promising.

The developer of this haptic device have already decided to support many older games which would benefit from this technology. That means you might buy it bundled with Battlefield 3 and be able to use it in other Battlefield games, too. That makes it very attractive.

Comment

I'm certainly intrigued...

Comment

Working...
                  X