Runnin' N' Gunnin' Vid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnin' N' Gunnin' Vid.

I have a love/hate relationship with games like BF2142. I consider them "softcore" FPS games because of their many restrictions on movement.

An FPS game without movement is like playing one of those FLASH ad games where you punch sata claus in the testicles to win a free iPod. It's not too much of an FPS game at all.

But seeing as how this is one of the only 64 player online shooter that has it's act together, I've made a home here. It wouldn't be a home without making a video- so I finally took a crack at it...

There's a couple of 10 kill streaks, and a couple smaller streaks, and one of me being a jerk to noobs who think it's cute to sneak behind your lines. As an oldskool FPS gamer, I bring the run and gun flavor to the stuffy BF series and I think that will show too.

Download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3BSJW05
    4:50 in length and 640x480 res. Shot with FRAPS. All footage comes from 3 rounds I participated in the day I decided to make a vid.

Re: Runnin' N' Gunnin' Vid.

More spray and pray with the voss. The sound on the fast forwarded bits was really bad; and you should look to host it somewhere where people can stream it instead of download it. That is all.

Comment

When streaming video sites stop making everything you upload look like dog crap; I'll start streaming videos.

Also- I am more accurate than you are with the voss, I checked the stats.

Also- blow me.

Comment

No need to get hostile, was just telling what I saw. I'm sure others would say the same.

My stats aren't all that cos I had a long noobish start as this was my first FPS game I played, and I used to have a crap rig. But now I am good, and from your vid you looked pretty average to me.

Edit: Just checked. My overall accuracy and accuracy on the majority of weapons is still better than yours.

Comment

you had some good shots but it was just spray and pray average skill ok vid 3/5

Comment

I killed the god damn people didn't I? What impresses you softcore FPS gamers in a game designed to make you stand still to kill someone, hence making you more susceptible to being killed?

FPS gaming is about running and gunning. It's about movement. You take that away and it don't amount to jack. I'm not going to make a video showing a bunch of neat and clean camping kills edited together.

I logged in- and effortlessly got two 10 kill streaks and made it look easy. Spray and pray my ***. You're the kind of people who are utterly destroyed by just about everyone in a traditional hardcore FPS game- and it irritates the hell out of you when we come into your territory... you're joke of FPS games where you toss around words like "tactical" and "realism" like they mean something in a video game.

This is my home for now.

So what impresses you?

Comment

Headshots, takin out multiplie targets when they all know you are there stuff like that and no voss

Comment

if you've played counterstrike 1.6 you know that weapons are the most accurate when you arent moving like with the m4 you can strafe and then stop for a plit second to fire an accurate burst of bullets at a guy. that game is about movement.

this game has a high learning curve and its probably hard for you to get used to it fast so your one of those people that look all funny strafing and spraying at me from 20m away and then i kill you with like 8 bullets lol.

You can move around alot in this game, just not when you are shooting unless you are less than 10ft away from people then maybe you can move around then also with the shotgun you can move around ALOT cmon.

just get used to the game mechanics and you will like it

Comment

I'll never like this style of FPS gaming. It's all there is right now though. You know what was awesome- was FEAR. It's completely dead now. It had fast TTKs- no stopping/ridiculous CoF penalties- oldskool.

And I do perfectly well with my adaptation in this game. I often take the gold star using only the assault kit on the team that loses by 100 or more tickets. I always play for the underdog- and I always score even with, or outscore the best players on the other team- in my sleep.

I've got your Bf2142 down- I'm just not going to copy the rest of you.

I've also done my homework and there's no point to using any of the other rifles. The voss is the all-around most effective of them. If you check my stats you'll see I've put in time with the Baur- am pretty accurate with it- but it is simply ineffective compared to the voss. So until a patch changes this- I'm not going to handicap myself in the name of 1337ness.

Comment

i guess you have never tried the krylov then.

Comment

dude, Darc your stats say right on this page that you have 27 golds out of roughly 820 matches. you have a 1.6kd and a negative w/L ratio. Yes you are teh pwnage.

idk about the voss being the "best" yes its a very nice gun but me being ranked 1st in the US and 9th overall with the krylov i would say that the krylov is a tad better, but then i can shoot at stuff thats far away. i prefer not to spray my whole voss clip away in close quarters to kill like 1 person lol but you know shooting stuff thats far away with a gun is old skool

so your then defending yourself after people retaliate on you by smashing thier game by saying "yes yes. im adaptable. i do good all the time. i just dont like the game i am playing but there is nothing else. so i play this and i pwn noobs with my voss."

TF2, UT3, CSS1.6?? people play these games still i think dont they?

Comment

BF games are it if you want large matches. I get bored pretty quickly at this point with anything less than 64 players. So this is my new home until they start making something that supports large games more in line with traditional FPS gaming. Eventually MMOFPS will dig itself out of the shallow grave it wound up in shortly after it's emergence and then I'll be happy.

The reality of this game's heavy restrictions may make the learning curve steep- but the actual difference between someone who's a "master" of this game and someone who simply understands all the rules and limitations is almost insignificant. The rules make it that way, there are so many of them it leaves little room for player ability or individuality to matter.

When I first started this game I was absolutely horrible at it. But once I started figuring out the rules, my scores went up. I didn't have to improve my actual performance, no! I just had to play and read about this game like it was a stupid homework assignment and learn all the rules and the limitations. I think by the time I had played this game for about 100 hours, I played just as well with the assault kit as anyone else I came across. If I found someone better than me, the difference was inconsequential.

The point is- there's really not that much depth in playing this game, and there's little room to grow as a player of FPS games. The depth is in understanding the system and being able to leverage it to the max- and in that regard... this game is more of an RTS than an FPS.

Comment

Play clan mod if you want to see WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better players than you.

Comment

Watch momo's videos and you will see what i'm talking about. You can tell real skill by the way someone plays. Good players tend to stop, aim for the head and shoot in bursts. And while taking out multiple victims who are aware of you.

Your vid is just you running, spraying, shooting the body and shooting people who are not aware of you.

How can you say the voss is the best gun, in my opinion the krylov is the best followed by the scar. The voss is such a noob gun.

And you say that you usually get gold when playing....lololololol. You've only got like 29 in total! and thats from over 800 games, you sir are very l337! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

yeah i understand, you have some skill from playing other games but then it gets tweaked a bit when going to something different and you need to get used to it. it happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X