Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this fair?

I'd just like some opinions on this...

I was banned from the =SF= highway tampa server for 24 hours because I was shooting at the admin (FF is OFF). I found this pretty ridiculous, so I made a topic on their forum:

The topic was closed before I could say anything, so I couldn't say this, but he was NOT directly beside the FAV. He hadn't moved from the spawn (which is right beside the little hut). I even went on a LAN server to see if he could have even been damaged if the FAN had blown up, and nope, you can't be damaged from there

Re: Is this fair?

that isnt right being banned for shooting at the admin, that person should get banned by ea officials

Comment

I don't want him to be banned or anything, I just can't stand the fact that he's completely lying about it now.

Can anyone answer me this:

As a server admin, can you look through the logs or whatever and see what has been said/done? Like, can you see when someone gets a kill or gets team killed?

Comment

Any player can look at the log. Just press the ~ key and you will see it.

Comment

I'm talking about after the fact

Comment

you mean after the round is over and done with?

Comment

BF2CC stores logs like that, yes. But then you'll need to make sure that whoever views them tells the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961 View Post
                BF2CC stores logs like that, yes. But then you'll need to make sure that whoever views them tells the truth.
                Yeah that's what I was thinking. I guess there's no point trying to prove him wrong, as the other admins will take his side. I just couldn't believe he'd lie like that, especially how he's said before to people appealing their ban that they should stop making up stories. The clan is fine, it's just him specifically that's annoying.

I just have no reason to lie to get out of a 24 hour ban :dead:

Comment

I play quite a bit on the =SF= 24/7 Tampa server too and have had generally good experiences w/ the admins there so far.

Unfortunately, without looking at the server logs (which only they can do) it's going to be your word, versus his on his forum. Translated, that's pretty much a no win situation for you, and considering it's only a 24 hour ban, I'd say it's safer to bite the bullet on this one. If it were a perma ban, that'd be a different story.

On a side note, I have to admit the amount of variation in both of your takes on what happened is pretty wide; someone is obviously lying big time. Again, only server logs will tell. Hope to see you on the server again soon tho.

Comment

Its only a 24hr ban, I wouldn't worry about it.

I used to play at =SF= a lot and while I've had a couple of issues there, they are generally a good group of people. They have an admin council that reviews all bans, and most of them are removed if the person posts what happened.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

I used to play that server alot, but I was banned for life I guess. Some guy was mad because I took his DPV so he sniped me as I was driving off. It then kicked me for "teamkilling" even though I was the one who was killed. Oh well, there are other servers.

Comment

You sure you weren't on Digital Anarchy???!??!?!?!?! And didn't steal the admin's buggy????

Comment

Its not fair its bf2

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood View Post
                              Its not fair its bf2
                              Wrong.

It's the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X