Crash to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop

I can't play the game anymore, anytime i click join game i get a crash to desktop.

just started doing it last night, i thought it was xfire so i turned it off and it still happens.

6600GT
    1gb ram

the game ran perfectly fine before, i even tried on safe mode did the same thing.

:evil:

Re: Crash to desktop

First, restart your PC if you haven't already (actually shutting it off for 15-20 mins, then booting it up is even better).

When was the last time you played COD4 before last night? Try to think if you've installed any programs since then, or done any updates to any apps like firewalls, A/V programs, drivers etc. Sounds like something has changed on your system.

Finally, try other games you have installed, and see if any of them are having issues.

Comment

I had this problem as well,Im on vista now and have no issues.You can still play cod4 u just have to use xfire join game or use apps like qtracker.

Comment

Try using a different account. It worked for me, but you lose all your progress.

Comment

So no real solutions...
          This just started happening to me, accept i get an error message saying some file cant be found. I will tell you what the message says later. I am just going to copy my client data and reinstall. I think the zombie mod I installed did this to my game. I can start a LAN server but I cant join a real game. So this tells me its not a problem pertaining to the graphics

Comment

Had the exact same problem, also after installing a zombie mod. Strangely, even after deleting the mod and in fact all my mods, and reinstalling (twice), the problem persisted. I'm going to be really upset if it turns out that I have to start a new profile...

Comment

If you are going to reinstall be sure to back up your profiles folder then just replace it after it's reinstalled.

Comment

Working...
              X