X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got my aircraft medal!

after months of effort:

woo hoo!!! i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders

now i just have pistol excellence gold badge and AA defense gold badge left... and i doubt i will ever get those

u still need purple heart aswell

Comment

Great job. :salute:

I don't think the Purple Heart is worth getting on purpose.

Comment

Very nice! Good job.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Do you use keyboard & mouse or do you have a joystick?

I find it very hard to fly with keyboard/mouse so I am looking for an easier way...

Comment

keyboard and mouse

8000 air kills are crazy...i'm not even half way there yet. takes a seriously dedicated pilot to get this medal. great job.

Comment

keyboard + mouse

usually i get 10-15 kills in a good titan round, sometimes as low as 5 or as high as 20. i suck at gunner so i was usually pilot. and if the team needed me on titan defense or something i'd stop flying to help, so i wasn't flying all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                  keyboard and mouse

8000 air kills are crazy...i'm not even half way there yet. takes a seriously dedicated pilot to get this medal. great job.

Yeah it sure does. I've kind of laid of that though. I used to gunship whore the Type 4 alot so I'd get good. Then I did, then COD4 came out. And now I'm trying to get as good again.

Comment

Good effort joe! I think I'll be collecting my pension before I get anywhere near 8,000 air kills!

I bet you went a bit crazy when that award flashed up on the screen?!

Comment

make sure you thank Mr. Pissoff rhan-tegoth for your 8,000th kill

Comment

Very good work. Congrats with your hard work. :laugh:

Comment

haha yeah i dont think he wanted to be thanked. i definitely did go a bit crazy in chat "OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!" and the like

what's funny is i got all the way to 8000 kills the "hard way" - that is just flying gunships around on normal levels, getting 10, maybe 20 kills, i think i only broke 30 a couple times. so i thought the 30 IOR requirement was going to be very hard. but then i thought about it and figured a 300 ticket suez conquest map with only a few people would be easy for me to get 30 gunship kills. but i couldn't find an empty one so i got on one with about 40 people. i was expecting the 30IOR thing to take a while so this was more of an experiment.

anyway i was on a really good PAC team and we locked EU down to their last 2 western bases pretty quickly. i parked the gunship on the roof of that tall building so just the nose was peeking out... and i got 60 kills in the gunner seat, just owning the hell out of infantry! it was super fun (although im sure very frustrating for the other team) and my best round ever in the gunship! so what i thought was going to be hard i basically got on my first try!

it was such a slaughter it felt a little like cheating though and i won't play that way again. plus you have to be on a good pac team or the eu can just get a gunship or an engineer up there and own you before you even have a chance to land. but it was definitely fun seeing all the tiny infantry below me and just tapping that mouse button to get the kill lol.... that machine gun is so deadly.

Comment

yeh nice one i was so happd when i got this medal especially since my clan is renowned (spelling?) for it's gunshipping

Comment

Nice work Joe! Its been how many months you have been working on this thing? lol

BTW, this medal isn't too hard to get... After you log around 50 hours in the thing you can probably average 20 kills per round. All that matters then is actually getting into the thing and flying it... If you are really THAT dedicated, use the air transport. I can get 40+ Kills per round in that thing (assuming either our gunship pilot is good or the enemy gunship pilot sucks ).... All you got to learn how to do is land on the towers at Suez.

Comment

Working...
                              X