Your Thoughts On Halo 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts On Halo 3?

After seeing very little of it at a friends house, I stupidly purchased the game thinking it would be awesome since it was Halo after all. So $60 later I got home and popped it in and was ready to be master chief. When I loaded the first mission I was shocked to see how crappy the GFX were. I had to look at the box and make sure I didn't buy just an xbox game :|: After playing other great shooters on the 360 (COD4, COD2, etc...) I was shocked to see how dull and unappealing this game was. I thought I'd expect better from a multi-million dollar company. Battlefield 2's GFX from almost 3 years ago look better!

So my point it is, what draws you or other people you know to this game? because from what I can see, it's pretty bad.

Multiplayer on Xbox 360 + A few mates + A few beers = A lot of fun.

It's not all about graphics, and i found i had as much fun as i did when playing TF2 or BF2. The fact you are in the room with other players just makes it more fun.

I expect i shall see my retirement from PC gaming and move to consoles happen this summer when i get my own house. We have 3 Xbox 360's and soon to be a PS3

Comment

Alex speaks the truth,halo is a social game.

Comment

The Halo series is the most overrated piece of crap to be released on consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
          It's good crap though. I can't see it being fun alone though.

Comment

i thaught the original halo was brilliant, although i only played it at my mates house, it was mainly because of how new the story was, halo 2 i thaught was ok'ish i like the duel weilding weapons, but that was about it, halo 3 is the biggest overated peice of crap ever, i can understand it being a good game when mates are round, but i just dont like it, the graphics were supposed to be good, yet there isnt much difference in graphics between 2 and 3, im glad that i never brought any of them

/end rant

Comment

Halo is like the CS of xbox, only ****tier.

Comment

^^^LOL QFT!!

i cant see why halo is soo popular.. its almost comical its that stupid.. but each to his own

im just happy to know im not the only person on earth that doesn't like halo..

Comment

Signed.

Yahtzee also had a good point surrounding the fact that it lowered his "standards." It heavily over-hyped for a game that seems to have nothing particularly special to it. Of course I'm just a passive observer thats never gone past the gamecube and the PS2 for console gaming.

Comment

QFT..

Comment

Originally posted by manicpyro
                      i thaught the original halo was brilliant, although i only played it at my mates house, it was mainly because of how new the story was, halo 2 i thaught was ok'ish i like the duel weilding weapons, but that was about it, halo 3 is the biggest overated peice of crap ever, i can understand it being a good game when mates are round, but i just dont like it, the graphics were supposed to be good, yet there isnt much difference in graphics between 2 and 3, im glad that i never brought any of them
                      Yes and yes. I very much agree with both these statement and manicpyro said excately what i was going to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                        Multiplayer on Xbox 360 + A few mates + A few beers = A lot of fun.

It's not all about graphics, and i found i had as much fun as i did when playing TF2 or BF2. The fact you are in the room with other players just makes it more fun.

I expect i shall see my retirement from PC gaming and move to consoles happen this summer when i get my own house. We have 3 Xbox 360's and soon to be a PS3
                        alex i ♥ u now in a non-friendly way only a mod could understand

Comment

Working...
                        X