Bf2 Ctd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 Ctd

Problem: Battlefield 2 Crashes 1 sec. after 100% load on single player [Will say Verifying Client Data] then it wall crash to desktop with no error box.
    Even Multiplayer doesn't work, when I try Play Now or Join Server the system will just crash with no loading screen.
    I've Updated Mobo BIOS
    Video Card Drivers
    Don't have a sound card.
    Clean RAM slots and moved the sticks around.
    Set the Res. to 1280x1024@72hz and set the Windows Settings to the same.
    Patched BF2 to 1.41
    Reinstalled BF2 and patched it again.

System Specs:
    GIGABYTE GA-N650SLI-DS4L LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR GeForce 9600GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6550 - Retail
    G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ - Retail
    300GB SATA Drive
    Windows XP with SP2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Will try anything short of Reinstalling Windows

It could be a corrupt cd key.

From the stickied Tech FAQ:

Problem - Crash to Desktop on Joining a online Server
    Cause - No CDKEY in Registry
    Fix - Use battlefield2_code.exe to re-enter your CDKEY, this can be located in the support folder of where you installed battlefield 2 on your Hard-Drive.
    After re-entering your CDKEY you must then reapply the latest patch in order for it to be encrypted into the registry.
    This Program can also be used. (Note - This Program appears to do nothing visually, but it did change the registry key)

Comment

No Sound ????

Thats a huge disadvantage, if you could get it to work.

Comment

Meant to say that i'm using the mobo sound.
        As for the fix, the online portion worked for 1 round and then it went dead again.
        Possibly could it be that I changed my Settings for Video? Maybe causing it to crash?

Comment

Working...
        X