Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

I have an acer laptop with amd athlon 64x2 duel core processor tk-57 (1.9 ghz, 2x256 kb l2 cache), video says:

chip type: GeForce 7000M/ nForce610M
    total available graphics memory: 751 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
    System Video Memory; 0 MB
    Shared System Memory: 495 MB

the error message I get on startup is:

Vertex shader version is 3.0
    Shader model 2.0 code path is available.
    Shader model 3.0 code path is available.
    Using Shader model 3.0 code path because it is the best available path on this hardware.
    Attempting 800 x 600 fullscreen with 32 bpp at 60 hz
    Game window successfully created.
    Using 2x anti-aliasing
    Creating Direct3D device...
    Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec. Using sum: 0
    Loading fastfile code_post_gfx
    Loading fastfile ui
    Loading fastfile common
    Initializing render targets...
    Requested frame buffer to be 24-bit color with 8-bit alpha
    DirectX returned a frame buffer that is 24-bit color with 8-bit alpha

Error during initialization:
    Create2DTexture( $floatz, 800, 600, 0, 114 ) failed: 8876086c = Invalid call

note i am running vista and downloaded game off of steam last night. I did a system test at systemrequirmentslab.com and my laptop passed.

thanks for any help in advance, I thought this system would handle cod4 I hope that is the case.

I would suggest updating your gpu drivers.

Comment

thx for response, I checked for a driver update and says current driver is upto date, not sure what else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle600 View Post
        thx for response, I checked for a driver update and says current driver is upto date, not sure what else to do.
        Did you go to Acers site for the driver or NVidia? NVidia usually has newer drivers for the chipset you have.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
          Did you go to Acers site for the driver or NVidia? NVidia usually has newer drivers for the chipset you have.

Crunch
          cptain, I went to nvidiia but that then sends you to acer site saying that the drivers are manufacturer specific due to power setting and such so, I downloaded the latest on there and no difference, possible it is not updated, thx for the help anyways, just had the weekend off and was hopeing to play.

Comment

I had a little look around and I don't think the Game Supports your GPU.
            The Min Reqs do say NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better and I'm not sure 7000M is equal or better than a 6600...
            Lets hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SpungE
              I had a little look around and I don't think the Game Supports your GPU.
              The Min Reqs do say NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better and I'm not sure 7000M is equal or better than a 6600...
              Lets hope I am wrong.
              I did some googling too.

And i found this

Thank you for visiting the TechnologyGuide network. Unfortunately, these forums are no longer active. We extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire community for their steadfast support—it is really you, our readers, that drove

Here's question and one of the answers:

Originally posted by asddr
              I would like to know if the geforce 7000M is good for news 3d games? I buyed an Acer Aspire 4520-5405, with turion X2 1.9, 2g of ram, 250 gb hd and geforce 7000M / nforce 610M GPU, so it canĀ“t run so good games like, empire earth3 and flight simulator X.
              Originally posted by SmoothTofu
              No, you won't be playing new games with a 7000M. It's an integrated graphics card (IGP), and its performance is similar to an x3100 card.
              So, the problem could just be that the 7000M is integrated. But im not 100% sure about this since i don't have that much experience with laptops... Someone with more "laptop knowledge" can correct me if im wrong.

But i do know that my old PC had integated graphics card, and it couldn't even run SWAT 4 without errors and crashes...

Comment

Re: Please help

LOL OWNED

Comment

Re: Please help

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                  X