Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound problems- hacked by ???

Sound hacking,

is it possible someone can make me hear all sound effects from BF2 repeating and clicking, in random order whilst playing on a server?

i accused some *** of glitching when he appeared to be and then shorlty after all i got was random sound effects bleeding over the ambient background noises, clicking reloading explosions anyone heard of this?

Never heard of that before, sounds pretty unbelievable to me. I'd say it was bug, occurring at the wrong time.

Comment

Sounds like a bug since all sounds i believe are dealt with client side.

Comment

Only thing I heard which sounds similar but not game sounds is: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...ad.php?t=37890

Comment

I will try and get a recording of the problem, is there any error report in BF2 i can look thru?
          i checked windows event viewer on the last crash by sound and nothing appeared.

It does seem like a EAX problem, where sometimes I lose the deep base sound when near a tank or arti.

I tried reducing the DX9 sound acceleration but no change.

Comment

Have you updated the X-Fi drivers?

Comment

I thought i had but looking now theres a march 14 release.:salute:

ok did that and no change i also updated the Open AL driver and again no change.

i have a sound recording of whats going on but its 10 MB

this is whats going on and worse, the game stutters, the frame rate drops but my ping stays good at around 12-15

I have tried turning off EAX and still no change.
              this seems to happen about 10 mins after i have been in a server.

doing my head in..................

Comment

It's the Fatal1ty together with the NF4 mobo, according to Creative. But Nvidia tells everyone who asks about it to f**k off and it happens to some people on non-NF4 mobos, so most likely Creative is full of crap. The sh&t thing is, BF2 was advertised along with the X-fi series. It's supposed to use X-ram and all that jazz. Instead, it's the game most likely to have this issue. If you let it go long enough in-game, you'll blue screen.
                Chalk it up to some of the biggest hardware developers making crap that sells for big money being unwilling to admit they screwed up and screwed all these people over. I guess admitting they're liable would mean they'd have to fix it, and they will never do that.

Comment

Sounds about right Jim.......... i've had it with BF2 now. I don't get these problems with the other 6 games i play a lot.

This has sealed my BF2 CD's fate, to be burned in the back garden whilst I Dance, Piss on it and put a Gypsy curse on EA.

I am Free!!!:banana:

I Just hope Farcry 2 works.

Comment

Working...
                  X