This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal?

Hey I am tierd of changing dvd's every time i want to put a music cd in my CPU and putting back bf2142 dvd just to launch it... (since you dont need the cd ingame to play). I searched on google if there was any way to launch bf2142 without the dvd and i seems there is. Is it a hack or will I have a chance of getting banned by EA because i used to "no dvd crack"?

I just want to be sure before i change anything.

Thx.

Wd

it is legal if you have a cd but you cant play online. why not load all your music into your pc?

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
      it is legal if you have a cd but you cant play online. why not load all your music into your pc?
      I do load my music on my iTunes... But it was some example, music cd or a game cd. Are you sure i cant play with a no CD patch on multiplayer? iam downloading this file named Battlefield 2142 v1.4 [MULTI15] No-DVD/Fixed EXE i guess it should be able to go on multiplayer... ill research more on google i guess.

Comment

No, rip the dvd to your computer and the cd key should match. It's legal to have a copy if it is a direct copy of the cd/dvd that you own and you are using it for your own personal purposes. Use alcohol 120, magicISO, or some other cd ripping program.

Comment

i am sure as it leads to modified content. the file you dl probebly contains a virus or something like that and does a half trie to help you. but it wont work so stop the dl. and messfeeder bf2142 doesnt accept virtual drives i tried it and it faild.

Comment

Read:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

ok so:
              1. this crack will work, but its not best choice because game begin more unstable than normal (and no you not will be banned or anything i use crack by one month in past with no problems from this side)
              2. best way is create DVD image and run game from it, i know only one software able to create fully working DVD image - Virtual CD 9 or higher, after you create image you need put image in phisical drive (its important because otherwise image cant work correctly)

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk View Post
                Hey I am tierd of changing dvd's every time i want to put a music cd in my CPU and putting back bf2142 dvd just to launch it... (since you dont need the cd ingame to play). I searched on google if there was any way to launch bf2142 without the dvd and i seems there is. Is it a hack or will I have a chance of getting banned by EA because i used to "no dvd crack"?

I just want to be sure before i change anything.

Thx.

Wd
                There isnt anything for BF2142 because of the CD/DVD Protection, using a *****/dvd crack/patch will get you kicked via PB.

Why not rip your music disc to your PC?

Comment

i am sure as it leads to modified content. the file you dl probebly contains a virus or something like that and does a half trie to help you. but it wont work so stop the dl. and messfeeder bf2142 doesnt accept virtual drives i tried it and it faild.
                  well i dint do anything with it yet... guess ill just delete it... thanks
                  Originally posted by TopGun View Post
                  Read:

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=119683
                  404 loading error

Comment

bf2142 doesnt accept virtual drives i tried it and it faild.
                    its not true -> Virtual CD 9 or higher work with no problems as i said few posts higher and i use it without any problems

Comment

Easy answer. EA/DICE adopts Steam. :yay:

Mind you, they won't make money off that, so can that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Unzen
                        Easy answer. EA/DICE adopts Steam. :yay:

Mind you, they won't make money off that, so can that idea.
                        yeah thats so true.

Comment

I used a crack some time ago when my DVD drive was broken. Worked.

Comment

PLEASE DELETE THIS IF I AM BREAKING THE RULES

you can us a CD image. this make the computer think the disk is in when its not
                            i have never used them but a friend has if its not against the rules ill post a link

Comment

If the Pro's cant create a working mini-image for 2142 there are none around, everything else will get you a kick from PB eventually but no-one knows how bad the punishment would be.

wardogHk;

Rip your music to your PC and your problem is solved.

Locked. As this convo will get nowhere fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X