Everything's great , except ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything's great , except ...

I played COD4 SP , finished it , and it was great , also it looked amazing , and the story was great, then I started playing MP and at the beginning there were no problems , at all. But when I checked if I had everything on max in graphics section , then there wasn't , and I changed them to max, before resolution wasn't on max and " Sync every frame " was off. So I changed it on and resolution on 1280x1024 and screen refresh rate to 75Hz , before it was 60 Hz , I guess. And If I play SP with those settings , everything is just great , fps still about 70 - 90. But when I go online , I can play a little , but then an error appears , I quote : " NOTICE, Ain-EST script runtime error ( see console for details) exceeded maximum number of script variables . " Like what's wrong ? What should I do / change ?

And sorry if my English is bad , I'm Estonian so my English sometimes gets a bit sloppy.

Thanks

I googled this error and the most problems that come up with it is:

1. The server is larger than 56 players, lower your server size.
    2. Update punkbuster.

So, try another server to see if it makes any difference, a small one if you can, like 32 player.

Let us know

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

yeah , thanks , I'll try those things, but I have always played in that server ( 52 players ) and there were no problems before I had changed all to max, and I only changed resolution to 1280x1024 and Sync every frame to on and screen rate refresh from 60Hz to 75Hz , and that change doesn't change my game look much nor it doesn't make the game a bit laggy and my FPS still stays on about 90, a bit help please ?!

Comment

It could be a server problem and there is nothing you can do about it.

To update punkbuster, you should go to punkbuster.com and follow the instructions there. They have a utility you can download called PBSETUP.

Crunch

Comment

Why would a server larger then x amount of people cause problems besides lag? Sounds like something EA would do....

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            Why would a server larger then x amount of people cause problems besides lag? Sounds like something EA would do....
            Thats a good question, a good question that i dont have the answer to.

All I know is I googled his problem and a TON of people have it and when the went to lower number servers or lowered their own server down to 50 or less, the problem went away.

I have theories, like too many requests from all the people cause some to lose their data, but thats just a theory.

Crunch

Comment

Yeah that's what it seems like to me, with the "exceeding script variables". Is it on a normal server or one with mods? I have little experience with the COD engine so someone else might me able to help more.

Comment

50+ players in Cod4 is really stupid, less than 20 is just great, and turn synv every fram to off, see if that helps

Comment

Working...
                X