Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Orange Box Install Help!

Howdy,
    I bought Orange Box today in hopes that I'd be able to bask in its glory and excellence. But when i tried to install it I was shot down.
    When I go to install the games (put in disk 1, click Install) The first part, about Half Life 2 seems to take forever. It's gotten to a point where I gave up. But I think the problem is its downloading it (internet is capped at the moment) rather than installing from the disk.
    How do I get them to install from the disk?

Edit: or is installing of the disk really that slow?

Half Life 2 is a HUGE game. That could be the reason

Comment

Ah right. Probably end up uninstalling it after I finish it then.
      It seems to get stuck after it finishes Preparing Half-Life2 files for install. Very angry and considering returning it...

I've updated steam and I still get stuck at the end of Preparing install files. This is really really annoying.

Comment

Maybe this will help??

Comment

I've left it to install Half life 2 for the entire night ad it sstill stuck at the bloody end of Preparing Files.
          Now it looks like Steam is bloody screwed and I can't install my games at all.

Update: Reinstalled Steam this morning and left Half Life 2 to install while I was at school. I'm home now and it's installed find now I'm installing Portal and its working.
          Very happy now

oh yeah, nearly ready to pwn you all in team fortress

Comment

Working...
          X